Rides line up for Dreamland opening

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Rides line up for Dreamland opening

Postby David Littleboy » 31 Mar 2015, 15:54

It's been a bit busy up here in Wakefield recently so my apologies I have not had time to keep up with the forum. There seems to be a lot of confusion about what Littleboy's Vintage Restorations are working on for Dreamland's so here it is from the horses mouth as it were.

We are supplying the following vintage rides fully restored in time for the Parks opening date this year:

Zodiac Jets (Hurricane Jets)
Mods and Rockets Ride (Double decker Children's ride)
Vintage Dodgem Track with 22 Vintage dodgem cars
Savage four a breast Galloper ride.

In addition we purchased the Ex- Coles Caterpillar ride which is almost identical to the original Dreamland Caterpillar. This ride is now owned by TDC and is currently being fully restored by us at our base up in Wakefield and will be delivered in time for the start of the 2016 season.

I can't comment on any other rides as the above rides are the only rides we are involved in and at the time of writing we have not been approached to restore any other rides for Dreamland in the future. I have no knowledge of the original rides which were rescued by the Dreamland Trust and we have no involvement in the more modern rides which make up the opening rides line up at Dreamland.

We have worked tirelessly to restore the rides listed above and we hope you all enjoy them once we deliver them to the park.

Anyone wishing to know more about what we do please visit www.littleboys.co.uk or find us on Facebook.

Regards

David
David Littleboy

Re: Rides line up for Dreamland opening

Postby SuburbanHomeboy » 31 Mar 2015, 17:35

I've been following your restoration projects with great interest, David, and I really can't wait to see these rides in action down at Dreamland. Will you be down there on opening day?
SuburbanHomeboy

Postby David Littleboy » 01 Apr 2015, 09:01

Yes we will all be there for the opening assuming we can get tickets :-P
David Littleboy

Postby sparky230 » 01 Apr 2015, 09:24

You should have specificied Tickets for opening day in your supply terms david lol lol lol :D :D :D :D :D
sparky230

Postby David Littleboy » 02 Apr 2015, 09:16

I am sure we will make it to the opening day :-)
IMG_5127.JPG
IMG_5127.JPG (736.3 KiB) Viewed 5119 times

IMG_5114.JPG
IMG_5114.JPG (735.74 KiB) Viewed 5119 times
David Littleboy

Postby vann98 » 02 Apr 2015, 14:58

Fantastic work David. I love seeing the work you and your team have put into the Dreamland rides and the ones of your own. Hard to think some of these are the same rides. The Jets look elegant!
vann98

Postby EAS » 07 Apr 2015, 12:43

It's really good news about rides. Very cheering indeed. Thanks for the update. :)

I'll be showing off my driving skills by crashing into all and sundry (really, I'm a very bad driver!) on the Dodgems come opening day. Watch out world!
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition: Rule 76. Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.
EAS

Postby dreamland » 08 Apr 2015, 09:07

Once the scenic is completed when can we expect to see other rides turning up ? Does anyone know when the scenic is due to be completed ?
dreamland

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum