ARGH! Can't make opening day.

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

ARGH! Can't make opening day.

Postby Jim Douglas Jr. » 18 May 2015, 20:08

ARGH!
I picked this year to go back to school and can't possibly make it on opening day! All these years I've thought I would be there to see the fruits of my threat campaign!
AKK!

Possibly I could make it in August. We'll have to see.
Hopefully, if I can, we can round up the gang for a day with the Yank' who set the council straight.

Love you guys.
HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME!
Kyle & Herbie the Love Bug lll53
Jim Douglas Jr.

Re: ARGH! Can't make opening day.

Postby Neil » 19 May 2015, 19:57

That’s a shame Jim. It would have been great to meet you. Make sure you let us know when you’re over. What are you studying?
Neil Wilson
Neil

Postby Jim Douglas Jr. » 28 May 2015, 00:13

Digital media and film editing. I'm not feeling creative or challenged running a chiropractic office any more, and the insurance money is harder and harder to collect (we have private health insurance here). I decided I needed to get pro-active before I found myself without dependable income in the most expensive city in the country. An opportunity came along, so I took it.
I could possibly double my income working like 4 days a week.
Can't beat that.

Then I'd be able to come to Dreamland twice a year!

We'll have to see.
The earning potential depends on how fast I can crank out quality work, but I should be able to start working this summer.

This is a TOTAL BUMMER. I really never even thought about it when I went in, but I need to make a change.
Jim Douglas Jr.

Postby Jim Douglas Jr. » 17 Jun 2015, 22:14

Still super bummed. Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

I love you guys!
Jim Douglas Jr.

Postby Phillerz » 18 Jun 2015, 12:03

Im not going till the scenic is running, going to be torture waiting, hope its not to long. Cant afford to go twice :/
Phillerz

Postby THE ORIGINAL LOOPING STAR » 18 Jun 2015, 22:37

Well Jim I've not been here for a while but when I have we sure have had some ding dong discussions over differences in opinion on Dreamland but I have to say fair play to you I have come and gone over the years due to work commitments etc and every time I come back you have always been here fighting the good fight and I applaud you for that. We may not not have seen eye to eye in the past and our opinions on the direction Dreamland is going in the future may never be the same but in the end we Both got what we wanted and that was the doors to Dreamland back open.

Good luck to you my friend and I hope you soon make it to that magical place we both know as Dreamland :D
THE ORIGINAL LOOPING STAR

Postby Jim Douglas Jr. » 12 Aug 2015, 23:24

That's sweet.
We all wanted this and it unites us in friendship.

I think at this point, I'm going to have to settle for opening day next year, and I hope we can all be there.
here it is August and there's no way I can escape right now. I'll be transitioned into a better situation by next opening for sure.
It'd be fun for all the forum members to wear a red shirt or something and get a group picture. Something just for us.

I'm chalking this year up to an experiment and a learning curve for those involved in actual operations.
Next year, full throttle on day one.
Jim Douglas Jr.

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum