Confirmed - Scenic Railway not ready for opening day

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Re: Confirmed - Scenic Railway not ready for opening day

Postby Jim Douglas Jr. » 08 Jun 2015, 22:12

Ha! Bob.
I thought you'd died of a heart attack due to clogged arteries from all the junk food you eat.
Welcome back, you loveable slob. We've missed your easy-to-disprove stupidity.
Kyle & Herbie the Love Bug lll53
Jim Douglas Jr.

Postby Jim Douglas Jr. » 08 Jun 2015, 22:16

Porf,
Support Dreamland anyway. Yes, the central attraction is the Scenic Railway, but Dreamland needs the support.
We won. Go enjoy the spoils. :)

Speaking of winning, and losers...
Yes, Bob, we won.
Nobody'd have spent the money to completely rebuild the Scenic Railway if it weren't ever to run again.
How stupid can you possibly be at this point?
We were always asked to treat you with courtesy, but you're either a mental case who can't help himself, or just a complete jerk.
Which one, Bob?
Jim Douglas Jr.

Postby Jim Douglas Jr. » 08 Jun 2015, 22:25

Jim Douglas Jr.

Postby Bob » 10 Jun 2015, 17:28

Phillerz wrote:
Bob wrote:It may never operate. As a result of the accident at Alton towers much more stringent safety regulations are likely to be bought in and this ride would be unable to meet them, Even without that insurance cover would be difficult to obtain now

If the smiler had a brakeman.... the ride wouldnt have crashed. It was the computers fault.

The indications are that it was operator error. It is unlikely in future that manual operation will be acceptable. suppose on the Scenic railway the brakeman collapsed.

The are also indication that the design of many of the cars used on these rides are unsafe and will need major modification in order to minimize impact damage

All rides are also likely to have to demonstrate that it will be impossible to start the ride with a stationary car on the track and will also have to demonstrate the ride has anti collision measures
Bob

Postby EAS » 11 Jun 2015, 18:05

Bob, I so love reading your nonsense.

Being so stupid and so wrong over so many years... you have it down to a fine art!

I'll see you on Friday.

I know what you look like... I'll watch out for you!

xxx
Attachments
Troll 2.jpg
Troll 2.jpg (10.93 KiB) Viewed 9072 times
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition: Rule 76. Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.
EAS

Postby EAS » 11 Jun 2015, 18:46

Susan wrote:Kevin this is in the hands of the operator, they have emailed everyone who has bought a ticket on line with the replacement ticket option & asked local people who called in an bought one to contact them.
You need to talk to them or you can go on their facebook page.

No I haven't been emailed, but cancellation isn't an option for us, hotel booked and a long journey to get to Margate.

Sad, but can't be helped. No idea when and if we can ever return.
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition: Rule 76. Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.
EAS

Postby sparky230 » 13 Jun 2015, 18:14

Bob Feck off, your completly stupid rambelings are not welcome here, you know feck all about Rollercoasters or about the accident. I however having worked in the Industry as a Electrical Inspector Do. What happened at Alton Towers will have feck all impact on the Scenic or similar coasters like the Blackpool big dipper. I have a reasonable understanding having talked for great lengths with old friends exactly what happened at Alton Towers and there is the possibilty of criminal charges pending. But it is wrong to talk about things here.
Bob shut up your trolling and go do one.

as in the famous words from the Hitchhikers guide to to galaxy " Go stick your head in a pig"
sparky230

Postby Vince, Charlie and Sam » 14 Jun 2015, 13:40

Is there any current estimate of a likely opening date for the Scenic Railway?
Vince, Charlie and Sam

Postby sparky230 » 14 Jun 2015, 21:48

I'm told be Ready for summer Holidays, but dont quote me, thats from friends in the industry, perhaps Dave would know more?
sparky230

Postby aweber1us » 15 Jun 2015, 07:38

I was told last night at the pre view by the park engineer that they would need about three weeks of testing once they do turn up. They have hired in a Magic mouse Roller coaster to be run by Irvins while the Scenic is being finished.
aweber1us

Postby EAS » 15 Jun 2015, 14:56

I may have missed more on this in another thread in which case apologies, but I gather the delay is the trains not being completed?

Dare I hope the dragons have been recreated, or is that not what's happening?

If not, well, maybe in future!

And... so excited that hey, despite Bob, Dreamland is opening on Friday, with so much more to come!

See you there Bob! I'll buy you an ice cream!
EAS

Postby porf » 15 Jun 2015, 15:24

The Dragons do form part of the design of the new trains. My Dragons Heads were borrowed as the basis, they appear to have then added some height by extending them at the bottom, presumably to provide more of a barrier.
Paul Freeman
porf
Site Admin

Postby Peet » 15 Jun 2015, 16:07

Does anybody know how many new trains are being built? I believe there were something like four (?) originals, but I would guess probably only two will be needed now.
Peet

Postby EAS » 19 Jun 2015, 07:32

Thanks for that, pleased there will be dragons again!

The Scenic is looking amazing I have to say, sad can't ride it today, but can't be helped.
EAS

Previous

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum