Wild mouse

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Wild mouse

Postby dreamland » 18 Jun 2015, 09:15

It's good to see a wild mouse at dreamland and I do think it should stay in dreamland as its an extra ride ! Apparently it's only there untill the scenic railway is ready !
dreamland

Re: Wild mouse

Postby vann98 » 18 Jun 2015, 10:03

I too hope it remains. At least until they establish themselves more. Really adds to the thrill lineup.
vann98

Postby Phillerz » 18 Jun 2015, 12:01

What is the actual situation with the old wildmouse? I heard on here it was in need off to much money, whereas the website FAQ says they no longer own it.

I was thinking it could be a similar situation as the catapillar. A heritage version replaces the more modern version in time. Maybe that could be the case for this wild mouse? Several years time it will become a heritage one?

Once i found out about the 'drop tower' being a kiddies ride, i feared the scenic alone wouldnt be enough. A large coaster type ride was needed. I think it would be a mistake if this wild mouse is only here till the scenic opens. Really hope its there for the long term.
Phillerz

Postby porf » 18 Jun 2015, 13:41

The following is taken from the Heritage Lottery Fund ride analysis from March this year with regard to the wild mouse

Purchased by the Trust from Pleasureland, Southport and was located at Dreamland now relocated to the Port of Ramsgate. This ride was determined to be utilised for upcycling/engagement

I wouldn't expect it to appear based on this.
Paul Freeman
porf
Site Admin

Postby dreamland » 18 Jun 2015, 14:51

Is the ride staying long term then ? It will be stuiped just to keep it there untill the scenic is ready !
dreamland

Postby aweber1us » 18 Jun 2015, 15:28

i understand it is on hire from Irvins and will be run by them as well as the Twister as Dreamlands is still not ready.
aweber1us

Postby stuart » 18 Jun 2015, 16:10

Dreamland announced this as an 'acquisition' in their Facebook update.
stuart

Postby Phillerz » 18 Jun 2015, 16:25

stuart wrote:Dreamland announced this as an 'acquisition' in their Facebook update.

Google says acquisition means:
an asset or object bought or obtained, typically by a library or museum.
"the legacy will be used for new acquisitions"

I was toying over their words, in my mind it means bought. As in they own the ride. However renting one out is still 'obtaining' one :/. My only doubt as to whether or not its permanent is that they have not updated it to be included on their website, including the accessibility page or anywhere. Surely such as ride should be heavily promoted on their site to attract guests.
Phillerz

Postby vann98 » 18 Jun 2015, 16:57

In a somewhat related note, it seems the Helter Skelter is also on loan from Irvins and is running until Dreamland's own version is complete.

If the Wild Mouse is on loan, I imagine it won't be staying long. Agreed though, acquire does sound like purchased outright.
vann98

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum