DREAMLAND CINEMA

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

DREAMLAND CINEMA

Postby THE ORIGINAL LOOPING STAR » 18 Jun 2015, 22:26

Hi All

So glad to see all of our dreams of seeing Dreamland again will finally be here tomorrow.

Irrespective of what you think re the ride line up and if they should have gone more modern its just great that the doors will open once more to rekindle those old memories and hopefully create new ones.

Just as an extra can anyone answer me a question as I have been concentrating on the park reopening that much I can't remember what a read so long ago re the cinema. I have had a quick flick through posts and what info I could find but there seemed nothing that was a certain yes or no.

I understand they intend to restore and reopen the cinema building but will it be a cinema or not ? there are articles that refer to it being able to host conferences etc but I can't find anything about it showing films.

Can anyone fill me in ?
THE ORIGINAL LOOPING STAR

Re: DREAMLAND CINEMA

Postby THE ORIGINAL LOOPING STAR » 20 Jun 2015, 17:04

Can anyone please help this is bugging me now. I can't find anything either that or I'm not looking in the right place.
THE ORIGINAL LOOPING STAR

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum