Ride Minimum Heights & Pay to Play

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Ride Minimum Heights & Pay to Play

Postby AJ » 26 Jun 2015, 14:00

I'm hoping some of you guys that have already visited can help. I've had a look on the Dreamland website to see if they list minimum heights for the rides but couldn't see them. I have messaged them incase I'm just being dim and have missed them but haven't had a reply so far.

I have bored my kids about the place as they have grown up and promised them we will go now its open. They are all average heights for their ages, they are 8, 5 & 4.

Also how much are the extras/pay to play stuff?

Cheers in advance.
AJ

Re: Ride Minimum Heights & Pay to Play

Postby SuburbanHomeboy » 26 Jun 2015, 17:53

I didn't see any height boards at the rides on Friday 19th, but then again there weren't even prices on display on the Fish and Chip stall.

The official park map simply says that height restrictions apply on some rides, and to see the notices posted at the individual rides.

Sorry I can't help more with that.

As for the concessions, the hook-a-duck is £4 for two picks and £6 for 4. You add the numbers on the bottom of the ducks you catch to find out the size of the prize you can claim. Didn't bother myself, but there were loads of people carrying around large fluffy ducks and the massive fluffy donuts from the next-door stall.

Cheers,

Rob
SuburbanHomeboy

Postby EAS » 26 Jun 2015, 22:36

There were height restrictions but as I didn't have a small child with me I didn't take so much notice.

> office @ dreamland.co.uk <

Try emailing, I've had replies to all my queries.

Only things had to be paid for: hook a duck and balls in a bucket, but there were prizes, and certainly a prize every time for the ducks (cuddly toys in various sizes) hire of roller skates, and tokens for the pinball and other arcade machines had to be purchased. As I didn't try them I don't know how much.
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition: Rule 76. Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.
EAS

Postby dave771 » 26 Jun 2015, 22:46

Hi AJ, Will get some info for you when im at work tomorrow and let you know,

Dave
Please dont waffle our Walter !
dave771

Postby dave771 » 30 Jun 2015, 00:18

Hi AJ.

Website now has height restrictions added onto the ride info, hope this helps,

Dave
Please dont waffle our Walter !
dave771

Postby AJ » 30 Jun 2015, 10:05

Nice Dave, should of come straight to you first of all.
AJ

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum