Messhams Wall of Death Dreamland opening

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Messhams Wall of Death Dreamland opening

Postby EAS » 27 Jun 2015, 22:37

From YouTube

https://youtu.be/OpMnytWT0Ew

This was the actual performance 'im and me saw, as we appear in the video (as audience...)

Where is Bob?
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition: Rule 76. Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.
EAS

Re: Messhams Wall of Death Dreamland opening

Postby Cheryl » 28 Jun 2015, 09:14

Well, we all know Bob wasn't there. If he had been, he would have slammed it on the day but as I suspected, he has waited a few days, trying to create a story based on other people's posts, but has interpreted some of them spectacularly wrong, with inaccuracies such as closed toilets, inflating the admission price and the biggest gaff, that it was a shambles.

We all know the contractors and staff worked their butts off to get it ready and it all looked professionally finished, neat and tidy, it was just some of the rides were not ready for operating. The speeches and ribbon cutting ceremony was done beautifully, no shambles at all.

So Bob, quit trying to make out you were there!
Cheryl
Cheryl

Re: Messhams Wall of Death Dreamland opening

Postby EAS » 28 Jun 2015, 10:48

What's irritating me is the small number of people complaining via online comments rides weren't open. That had been made clear prior to opening day, so much in the press and on TV I'm amazed they missed it, and EXTRA rides had been brought in to substitute. And of course the free ticket for those with tickets already for when Scenic is running offer was made.

People who set off without basic checking of websites surprise me. Had the moaners done so, they would have found out this information, and been able to book online with the cost reduction!

I think some folk just like moaning. They expected a 'theme park' which isn't what Dreamland is either. It's new, it's not the old Dreamland and in 2015, that's possibly no bad thing.

And had there been no opening ceremony I would have moaned! As it was it was cheering stuff, and an occasion I'm pleased I didn't miss.

We are now planning our next visit. Nearly a 800 mile round trip, we loved it so much (and Margate too).

Bob amuses me. I can assure him between us we managed several trips to the lav (being Persons Of A Certain Age etc) on opening day, didn't have to hide behind a bush for a pee or go out of Dreamland to the nearby public lavs on the seafront.

It's not 'Where's Wally?' it's 'Where's BOB?' (Which is much the same thing...)
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition: Rule 76. Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.
EAS

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum