New planning laws

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

New planning laws

Postby SuburbanHomeboy » 10 Jul 2015, 08:25

So - the Tory Government have decided that planning permission is no longer required to build on brown-field sites.

If I recall correctly, the current operators, with a long lease, have a clause on building housing?

Has all our work been for nothing?

I wonder.
SuburbanHomeboy

Re: New planning laws

Postby EAS » 10 Jul 2015, 12:20

It won't be so simplistic as that. And there are listed buildings & settings of those to consider.

The dramatic move, which is expected to be confirmed in a speech in Birmingham later today (10 July), will see automatic permission granted on ‘suitable’ brownfield land

The new planning laws, which will have to be rubberstamped by MPs in Parliament, are expected to be opposed by local councils and many grass-roots Conservative supporters.

There will be a process requiring the LPA to confirm the suitability of the land

Let's stop the conspiracy theories and get on with watchng Dreamland revive is my suggestion.
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition: Rule 76. Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.
EAS

Postby SuburbanHomeboy » 10 Jul 2015, 18:22

:shock:
SuburbanHomeboy

Postby dreamland » 13 Jul 2015, 10:44

These new planning laws have nothing to do with dreamland so stop worrying
dreamland

Postby Cheryl » 13 Jul 2015, 11:10

Because of so must distrust with previous owners and even some of TDC Councillors etc, maybe we can be forgiven for being a little concerned. However, surely we dont have any concerns about Sands Heritage, they do not own the land, they are operating the park, if anything its TDC we need to watch. I know that someone who is passionate about Margate, observes and questions a lot regarding TDC matters. So I would imagine, they know that they are being watched :wink:
Cheryl
Cheryl

Postby dreamland » 13 Jul 2015, 15:05

I would like to know that dreamland will still be open in the next 100 years ! I don't want to be worrying about dreamlands future when its only just opened after a 12 year save dreamland campaign ! I want to enjoy dreamland now for the rest of my days I have on this planet with no more stress !
dreamland

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum