save dreamland float for margate carnival 2004

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

save dreamland float for margate carnival 2004

Postby dreamland » 15 Jul 2004, 12:19

hi chris here.i want to do a dreamland float for this years carnival.or if somone else done it.it would be good because its advertising to save dreamland.its a great idea.what do u lot think?
dreamland

Postby Vince, Charlie and Sam » 16 Jul 2004, 17:07

Sounds good to me, I can lend you an articulated lorry for the day if you want to take the idea forward.

In fact, here`s one we did earlier..........

http://uk.geocities.com/vincentcoventon/carnival.html

Vince, Charlie and Sam
Vince, Charlie and Sam

i cant drive

Postby dreamland » 16 Jul 2004, 18:12

hi chris here.if knowone was interested i was going to have my float as my push bike.i was going to have the save dreamland posters on my bike on each side and back and front.and just ride my bike in the carnival.id ask before hand if it was ok to do it.or id try and find out if anyone with a van or car would do it.i cant drive you see.thanks for the offer anyway.cheers
dreamland

Postby Vince, Charlie and Sam » 16 Jul 2004, 20:15

Well, it`s a bit late for this year but this would be my idea.

Lurking deep in the workshop are two trains which have not seen the light of day for many long years.

So we drag one out, paint it up nicely, and then put it on the back of a 45` flatbed trailer. Lots of lights, music, flags and balloons etc, and we take it to every carnival in Kent and beyond.

I drive the truck, everybody else sits on the train, waving to the crowds, or handing out leaflets advertising our website and our cause to the hordes........

How does that sound? I`ve got a truck and a 45` trailer so we`re half-way there already!

Vince
Vince, Charlie and Sam

Carnival

Postby dave771 » 17 Jul 2004, 00:06

Hi Vince, that sounds like a great idea but there is one problem, can you convince our mate Jimmy Godden ha ha ha to let us use one of those trains? Im thinking not,

Anyway hope to see you and the boys at the Scenic this weekend,

Dave
dave771

Postby Vince, Charlie and Sam » 17 Jul 2004, 12:05

Hmmm, I see your point, Dave. Still, the basic idea of a carnival float seems good.

Providing the weather is a little bit better than today, we will be along for a couple of hours tomorrow afternoon so we`ll see you then.

Vince Charlie and Sam.
Vince, Charlie and Sam

my idea was good at the time

Postby dreamland » 17 Jul 2004, 13:34

my idea was good while it lasted
dreamland

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum