Thank you Campaign members

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Thank you Campaign members

Postby Sarah » 06 Mar 2003, 17:23

Just like to say thanks to all those members who came to the Open Meeting last night, especially those who travelled quite a distance to do so. It was great to meet you and even better to hear you speaking up (loudly in some cases!) for the future of Dreamland.
Next time I will choose a better pub!
Sarah
Sarah

Thank You Campaign Members

Postby porterm » 11 Mar 2003, 16:02

Hello Sarah,

It was very nice to meet you on March 5 in Margate for the Conservative Group Scenic Railway Trust Proposal Meeting. It was also nice to meet a few other enthusiasts, like the guys from EEC (European Coaster Club). I didn't manage to get their e-mail addresses or telephone numbers, so if they're reading this please feel free to communicate back to me.

I look forward to future meetings, and particularly the big Easter Saturday Campaign Event at the Theatre Royal, Margate.

Bye for now and best ragards,

Martin

PS I was in Folkestone yesterday and took the opportunity to see what was left of the Rotunda site; the original dome building looked virtually destroyed and the Spinning Mouse coaster was nearly dissembled. Ironically though, there appeared to be a few more attractions remaining there than at Dreamland's site. :(
porterm

thank you campaign members

Postby imansfield » 15 May 2003, 21:24

Hello sarah and Martin,

Ive only just read your posts on this forum regarding the meeting way back in march :oops:

anyway, I was one of the ECC members who attended. It was quite an interesting meeting, what with the Thanet landladies making thier voices heard and the freaky punk band in the pub afterwards!

It was also nice to put names to faces, and to meet people who care about Dreamland as much as I do.

I hope to see you again soon at the event on 1st June, and dont hesitate to get in touch if you need any more support at meetings or whatever.

Ian mansfield - IMansfield@aol.com
imansfield

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum