Twist n' Shout, Loudoun Castle again

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Twist n' Shout, Loudoun Castle again

Postby stevedh » 09 Oct 2015, 12:19

A number of months ago someone asked 'Save Dreamland' if there were any plans to recover this,

http://www.joylandbooks.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3099&hilit=Loudoun

Just wondering if this is now dead or if it might still happen...
stevedh

Re: Twist n' Shout, Loudoun Castle again

Postby Nick » 10 Oct 2015, 08:19

The park operator is now taking the lead on ride selection, so I can't comment on this.
Nick
www.joylandbooks.com
The Home of Amusement Park Books
Nick
Site Admin

Postby Phillerz » 10 Oct 2015, 12:26

Damn, saw the title and got excited for some good news. A loop, decent log flume or tall drop ride is whats needed in my mind to attract teens/young adults rather than just families. This coaster would be my first choice :)
Phillerz

Postby stevedh » 11 Oct 2015, 07:21

Phillerz wrote:Damn, saw the title and got excited for some good news. A loop, decent log flume or tall drop ride is whats needed in my mind to attract teens/young adults rather than just families. This coaster would be my first choice :)

I agree, although I'm now an oldie, but for some reason I just cant handle spinning around in circles which kind of limits the rides I can go on.
When I used to go to dreamland around 30 years ago, my favourite ride was the looping star and I remember one rainy day when the park was half empty getting off the ride, running around and pretty much getting on the next one.. not sure why they didn't let us just stay on it... although maybe its because I didn't ask :)

Also from my slighlty fuzzy memory, the log flume was next door to the looping star, and in my oppinion log flumes are pretty traditional, I think my 1st was on a family holiday to great Yarmouth when I was a small kid.

I recently visited dreamland in early September and the Crazy Mouse had stopped running, I assume its going away and it wasn't just my bad luck for visiting on the wrong day, so pretty much spent my day on the dodgems, mirror maze (I really enjoyed that) and big wheel, although I did try squeezing myself into the little kiddies caterpillar ride (which had a pretty long queue of adults). Although I had a good day, I really missed not having something with a loop etc, And although it will be nice to have the scenic railway back, it is a pretty sedate ride.
stevedh

Postby vann98 » 11 Oct 2015, 13:51

In a recent video taken at Loudoun, the ride is in pieces. Whatever it happening to it, it doesn't look like it is staying there anymore.
vann98

Postby Xtremecoasters » 11 Oct 2015, 15:42

It is indeed in bits. Here is a nice fly over of the park:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGGWy1bj8Ks

You can see the Looping Star (Twist & Shout) at around 1.11 and more at around 4.12. It looks like Barnstormer (the S&S double shot tower) has also gone.
Xtremecoasters

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum