£3m Dreamland Debt

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Re: £3m Dreamland Debt

Postby Vince, Charlie and Sam » 23 Dec 2015, 19:13

Bob wrote: There revenue forecasts for this winter are also very optimistic and will more likely be close to zero in fact it would probably be better to close for the Winter


I agree. It would be better if Dreamland closed for the Winter and re-opened for Easter 2016, and that the re-opening coincided with a press and TV advertising campaign, that deals were made with Southeastern Trains to provide discounted combined travel and admission tickets, all sorts of things.

I don't agree that Dreamland is not financially viable in the mid to long term.
User avatar
Vince, Charlie and Sam
 
Posts: 922
Joined: 25 Aug 2003, 12:56
Location: Ramsgate.

Re: £3m Dreamland Debt

Postby Vince, Charlie and Sam » 23 Dec 2015, 19:21

Bob wrote:I suggest you read the companies house filings and the CVA. In my view in the current form Dreamland is a basket case. I cannot see them quadrupling the sales revenues which they need to reach break even


If you read my first year's Company House return, then you would have bet the farm that I would be bust within the month. Four years later, here I still am. Company House returns have absolutely no relevance to the real world, and are simply the result of having a clued-up accountant.

A seaside amusement park is more than likely to quadruple sales during the Summer compared to the Winter.

Next?
User avatar
Vince, Charlie and Sam
 
Posts: 922
Joined: 25 Aug 2003, 12:56
Location: Ramsgate.

Re: £3m Dreamland Debt

Postby Vince, Charlie and Sam » 23 Dec 2015, 22:28

Bob wrote:
It appears as well that a number of rides are no longer the companies property these are as follows

Cyclone Twist
Apple Coaster
Giant Wave Swinger
Giant Wheel
Log Fume
Mano Cycle
Music Express
Jumping boats
Shoot Up Tower
Tea Cups with 6 large cups & Swing boats


This man is so fully up to speed with events that anybody would think he was Barry Moss, ex-general manager of Dreamland. :wink:
User avatar
Vince, Charlie and Sam
 
Posts: 922
Joined: 25 Aug 2003, 12:56
Location: Ramsgate.

Re: £3m Dreamland Debt

Postby dave771 » 23 Dec 2015, 23:26

What utter shite that man talks. Not even going to bother trying to explain anything to the prat regarding this matter.
Please dont waffle our Walter !
User avatar
dave771
 
Posts: 545
Joined: 17 May 2003, 18:12
Location: Margate, Kent

Re: £3m Dreamland Debt

Postby Bob » 24 Dec 2015, 10:27

dave771 wrote:What utter shite that man talks. Not even going to bother trying to explain anything to the prat regarding this matter.


Comments such as your do not change the viability of the Dreamland business plan' It is loosing money fast and is not attracting many visitors. It is a very seasonal business with the vast bulk of its revenues being generated in the School summer holidays. That is no a viable business model

It now faces having to pay back about £3M over a 5 year period as well as having cash flow issues as suppliers will demand cash up front

The business model needs to drastically change. Dreamland needs more sources of revenues then the rides will generate it

Are Sands Leisure the people that should be running Dreamland? Who was the idiot the thought is was a good idea to charge people to go into Dreamland. That's one of the first things that needs to change

You can through your toys out of the pram but it changes nothing
Bob
 
Posts: 509
Joined: 30 Nov 2003, 21:21

Re: £3m Dreamland Debt

Postby Chris H » 24 Dec 2015, 17:28

It's always relief when Brains Of Britain arrives back on this forum.
It's a sign things are advancing well with Dreamland.
Bob is deeply depressed by this.

Oh well.

Merry Christmas!!
Chris H
 
Posts: 127
Joined: 29 Nov 2005, 20:24
Location: Cliftonville

Re: £3m Dreamland Debt

Postby Peet » 26 Dec 2015, 11:48

Good news about the CVA, let's all look forward to next season and hope that word spreads and footfall increases as projected.

As I mentioned before we can all help by posting reviews on Trip Advisor for each visit we make since that website has become remarkably influential in guiding people's activity choices.

And please let's all be grown up and not let this forum become a page of bitter slander, despite some strong differences of opinion,

Happy Christmas everyone!
Peet
 
Posts: 93
Joined: 16 Nov 2009, 13:48
Location: London

Re: £3m Dreamland Debt

Postby Jim Douglas Jr. » 19 Jan 2016, 19:17

Bob, when are you going to give it up?
You've proven yourself 100% wrong again and again. Of course they're operating at a deficit this year, a lot of money has been spent up front to get everything together. It's short sighted to think something like this will turn a profit in the first year.
Business plans don't work that way, showing, once again, how little you know.
Now go back to stuffing your face in your lonely, dirty basement flat with your porn and lube.

Bob:

Image
Kyle & Herbie the Love Bug lll53
User avatar
Jim Douglas Jr.
 
Posts: 1179
Joined: 15 Mar 2006, 19:49
Location: San Francisco, California, USA

Re: £3m Dreamland Debt

Postby smilerbaker » 26 Jan 2016, 09:41

Vince, Charlie and Sam wrote:
Bob wrote:I suggest you read the companies house filings and the CVA. In my view in the current form Dreamland is a basket case. I cannot see them quadrupling the sales revenues which they need to reach break even


If you read my first year's Company House return, then you would have bet the farm that I would be bust within the month. Four years later, here I still am. Company House returns have absolutely no relevance to the real world, and are simply the result of having a clued-up accountant.

A seaside amusement park is more than likely to quadruple sales during the Summer compared to the Winter.

Next?



but you didn't have unpaid suppliers knocking on your door ;) suppliers who'll you'll need in future, your name wasn't absolute mud. Much as you all dislike bob he has many valid points, I wouldn't be giving dreamland anything on credit, all cash in advance from now on, which will destroy any cash flows they do have.

seriously, if you want to save dreamland then get sands out of there, look into exactly how they got the gig in the first place. From an outsider looking in dreamland seems to be a huge money pit and I really can't see what that money has been spent on???

Thanet NEEDS dreamland to be a success but TDC and Sands seem to be doing there best to make it fail.
smilerbaker
 
Posts: 98
Joined: 08 Apr 2008, 08:21

Re: £3m Dreamland Debt

Postby Jim Douglas Jr. » 26 Jan 2016, 18:50

Then take it upon yourself to do some digging and find out what's going on, then alert the local media if there's legitimate concern.
Kyle & Herbie the Love Bug lll53
User avatar
Jim Douglas Jr.
 
Posts: 1179
Joined: 15 Mar 2006, 19:49
Location: San Francisco, California, USA

Re: £3m Dreamland Debt

Postby Vince, Charlie and Sam » 28 Jan 2016, 09:40

smilerbaker wrote:

but you didn't have unpaid suppliers knocking on your door ;) suppliers who'll you'll need in future, your name wasn't absolute mud. Much as you all dislike bob he has many valid points, I wouldn't be giving dreamland anything on credit, all cash in advance from now on, which will destroy any cash flows they do have.

seriously, if you want to save dreamland then get sands out of there, look into exactly how they got the gig in the first place. From an outsider looking in dreamland seems to be a huge money pit and I really can't see what that money has been spent on???

Thanet NEEDS dreamland to be a success but TDC and Sands seem to be doing there best to make it fail.


Unfortunately, I do agree with all of this.
User avatar
Vince, Charlie and Sam
 
Posts: 922
Joined: 25 Aug 2003, 12:56
Location: Ramsgate.

Re: £3m Dreamland Debt

Postby Vince, Charlie and Sam » 03 Feb 2016, 09:12

User avatar
Vince, Charlie and Sam
 
Posts: 922
Joined: 25 Aug 2003, 12:56
Location: Ramsgate.

Re: £3m Dreamland Debt

Postby kevin » 03 Feb 2016, 21:48

That is a disgrace.
kevin
 
Posts: 134
Joined: 16 Mar 2006, 17:55
Location: essex

Re: £3m Dreamland Debt

Postby Bob » 04 Feb 2016, 09:37

Vince, Charlie and Sam wrote:More bad news unfortunately...

http://thanetgreencouncillor.blogspot.c ... d.html?m=1



It is a bit murky but these rides appear to have been purchased or donated to the Dreamland Trust and were stored off site. They appear to remain assets of the Dreamland Trust. The last accounts they have filed being for 2015, TDC has no role in these other than they now own the dreamland site which has been leased out to Sands
Bob
 
Posts: 509
Joined: 30 Nov 2003, 21:21

Re: £3m Dreamland Debt

Postby vann98 » 05 Feb 2016, 13:45

Always thought it was a ill sighted decision to place these out in the open, exposed to the elements.
Having said that, it is great to see the Junior Whip which I believe was one of the stored rides is now in the process of refurbishment thanks to David L and co.

The Large Whip sadly looks in a bit of a state. Hope it is still salvagable.
vann98
 
Posts: 206
Joined: 03 Sep 2010, 11:50
Location: kent, england

PreviousNext

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron