Final Day of the Season

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Final Day of the Season

Postby ricardobugsy » 05 Aug 2004, 13:56

I know that Dreamland is only open for two months this summer but when is the final day of the season? End of August beginning of September?
It would be handy to know the exact date as I dearly would like to be there.

I expect that the Save Dreamland Campaign will be organising something major for that day. Am I right? Perhaps everyone could wear something distinctive on the final day to show their support for the campaign.
That will be a very emotional day. EVERYONE must be there and show Thanet District Council exactly how popular Dreamland should/could be.

Its August already. Time is running out... We need to notify all parties now... The national press need to be there, as well as all the major rollercoaster clubs worldwide.
Nick, what is in the pipeline?
ricardobugsy

Final Day of the Season

Postby porterm » 06 Aug 2004, 15:19

Hi Ricardo, (if that's your name)

Great idea there. With the apparent refusal for the BBC to film the Scenic for their Restoration programme, I feel we need every further bit of publicity possible, like yourself I suspect.

It would be great to maybe do a special end of season group ride session on the Scenic, if permissible, similar to last year's successful "Roaring Twenties" night.

Any more thoughts?

Martin
porterm

Postby Nick » 06 Aug 2004, 19:25

We are in the early stages of planning an event, but I don't have any details at the moment. More soon.

Nick
Nick
Site Admin

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum