Fire At Blackpool Near Big One and No Grand National....

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Fire At Blackpool Near Big One and No Grand National....

Postby barcrest » 02 Sep 2004, 09:04

I made it too Blackpool for the weekend and even though things are looking good for the national they say it won't be open until next season now? That was the offical line at the front desk however some employees in the park hinted at the end of the season. I'm going back on the 9th of october and so i'll let you all know if it is open then. I must say the cars on it look identical to the old ones as does the track layout and i think it will be great when it's opened. You can get a good view of the damaged arcade of the Harim S Maxim flyer as they havn't even started to repair that yet. Alice in wonderland still smells of smoke, however both that and trauma towers are running as normal now.

Other news, i heard this morning there was another FIRE at the pleasure beach where 90 firefighters had to attend. It looks like it took out the hall of mirrors on the sea front and damage a few other shops in that area. Apparently they thought it had damaged part of the big one but are now hoping it is just smoke damage and will re-open later today or tomorrow.
barcrest

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum