Last Call For Revised Margate Local Plan Objections

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Last Call For Revised Margate Local Plan Objections

Postby porterm » 08 May 2003, 02:36

Hello everyone,

Just a final reminder to post off those Thanet Council Objection forms regarding the revised policy T11 on Dreamland's development proposals. Hopefully most members have already sent them off (I did mine yesterday afternoon; I took hours getting my printer set up!)

As Nick Laister has already said this is a critical stage in the campaign and we need to show maximum opposition to the rather deviously revised Local Plan.

The deadline for forms to reach the council is Friday 9 May at midnight.
porterm

Postby coasternutter » 10 May 2003, 21:04

I received an acknowledgement of my objections yesterday. anyone else had one yet?
coasternutter

Objection Acknowledgement

Postby porterm » 11 May 2003, 23:20

I have just received an e-mail from Thanet Council to say that they have put an acknowledgement letter in the post to me around May 8; they also received my Objection Form on the same day. (My e-mail receiving system has been down for the last couple of days due to a server fault apparently, so just got their message).

Yes, as coasternutter said in his message it would be interesting to hear how many other people have also received acknowledgements. I must say I did not expect to get one actually.

I hope we've inundated Thanet Council with all our objections. Just hope the law remains on our side now.
porterm

Postby Alan » 13 May 2003, 18:47

Yes I got a reply last friday, Did not know if to send recorded delivery.

Alan
Alan

Postby Sarah » 14 May 2003, 11:36

The acknowledgement for the Campaign's objections arrived today. Nothing received yet regarding my objections (or, indeed, the raft of family and friends who filled in objection forms).

Sarah
Sarah

Got myne Last Week

Postby Mancfire » 14 May 2003, 19:58

Hi all, got my acknowledgement letter from Thanet Council last week!
Also, anyone had any problems accessing the News page on www.scenicrailway.co.uk? Haven't been able to get in yesterday or today.
Mancfire

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum