Behind the Scenes Tour of the Scenic Railway

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Behind the Scenes Tour of the Scenic Railway

Postby Nick » 21 May 2003, 21:34

We have added an additional event to the programme for the Save Dreamland Convention on 1 June, in association with the European Coaster Club. This special event is for ECC members, but anyone who has purchased tickets in advance is welcome to join them (unfortunately, this event is not open to people who will be buying tickets on the door as numbers are strictly limited).

ECC members (and other ticket holders for the event wishing to join them) can arrive at the Scenic Railway between 9.30 and 10.00am. At 10.00am there will be a 45 minute behind the scenes tour of the Scenic Railway, to include the station and extensive workshop areas within the structure of the ride. Brakemen Dave Collard and John Husband will be on hand to answer any questions. This will be a unique opportunity to see the workings of the oldest operating roller coaster in the UK.

The tour will finish at approximately 10.45am, just in time for people to make their way to the Theatre Royal for the Convention itself. Doors open at 11.30am to view trade stands and Dreamland memorabilia (the bar will be open as well!) The main show starts at 12.30pm.

Tickets are still available to buy online at: http://www.joylandbooks.com/scenicrailw ... ention.htm .

I look forward to seeing you all there!

Nick Laister
Save Dreamland Campaign
www.savedreamland.co.uk
Last edited by Nick on 23 May 2003, 18:30, edited 2 times in total.
Nick
Site Admin

behind the scenes tour

Postby imansfield » 22 May 2003, 09:18

Wow, this is something I've always wanted to do, I'll be there for sure!

Ian Mansfield
imansfield

Postby Nick » 23 May 2003, 18:34

We have had a really positive response to this special additional event. Just to clarify (in response to questions I have received by email): the behind the scenes tour is free of charge for ECC members and other guests who have bought Convention tickets in advance. Although free, the Scenic Railway Trust is in need of funds to ensure the long-term future of the ride and therefore any donations will be very gratefully received on the day!

Nick
Nick
Site Admin

Behind The Scenes Tour of the Scenic Railway

Postby porterm » 23 May 2003, 19:57

Yes, even though I'll have just finished my first of six nights in a row, I'll be making every effort to attend this golden, unique opportunity. (I'll have to psyche myself up for the long day the day before, or I'll be dropping off at the afternoon's Convention!)

I've recently sent off my European Coaster Club application form, so it will be a good opportunity to meet some of the gang.

See you at the Scenic.

Martin Porter

(Maidstone, Kent) :D
porterm

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum