No News?

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

No News?

Postby AJ » 23 Jun 2003, 15:30

There seems to have been no news for quite a while.

Was there not a meeting with the French operators and the council the other week?

Lets hope the old saying 'No News Is Good News' is true!
AJ

Postby Nick » 23 Jun 2003, 21:26

That is correct. Sarah and I attended a meeting with the French theme park operator and council leaders in Margate a couple of weeks ago. As you can probably imagine, things are very sensitive at the moment, but what I can say is that the meeting went very well indeed, and I think the council was very impressed with what this company could bring to Margate as part of the redevelopment of the Dreamland site. We are very excited about these proposals, but there is still a very long way to go.

Even when there is no news on the website, I can confirm that we are working away in the background!

Nick Laister
Nick
Site Admin

Postby AJ » 23 Jun 2003, 22:44

Thanks for that Nick.

I have no doubt that you and Sarah are working extremly hard even when everything seems quiet.

In fact I don't know how you do it! Working your job, running Joyland and the Dreamland Campaign.

I bet you wish there were a few more hours to the day!
AJ

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum