MILESTONE! A decade of dedication.

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

MILESTONE! A decade of dedication.

Postby Jim Douglas Jr. » 16 Mar 2016, 22:28

Today marks my 10 year involvement with Save Dreamland.
To all who have put in time and effort to the cause, a BIG Thank you. It's been my ongoing privilege to know you.

In a stroke of good fortune, I actually have met member Vince69619 who was here on business. That really cemented the realness of Dreamland for me and my connection to you all. Previous to that, all I had was a panic airmail letter from the Thanet Council after I sent them letters and told them to do their job and follow the will of the people or I'd come there and make it my life's work to find out who among them was benefiting from the destruction of Dreamland. The letter assured me that wouldn't be necessary.
It was obvious one or more of them, or a relative with a bulldozer or eye on the property, was on the take and it would have been fun to follow through and take a couple of them down.
Alas, they coincidentally started seeing things our way.

On this day of days, of being sentimental and all warm and fuzzy, I'd like to extend this message to our friend, Bob.

Bob, we may have had our differences in the past, but rest assured...

I still think you're a slob.
Kyle & Herbie the Love Bug lll53
Jim Douglas Jr.

Re: MILESTONE! A decade of dedication.

Postby Jim Douglas Jr. » 16 Mar 2016, 22:30

Now, if I come for my birthday in September, who's putting me up?
Jim Douglas Jr.

Postby Jim Douglas Jr. » 29 Mar 2016, 19:21

AWW! 12 days and I was the last person to post here.
That's too bad because it's all certainly not over.
Jim Douglas Jr.

Postby Vince, Charlie and Sam » 07 Apr 2016, 20:37

You are to be congratulated on your contribution Jim. It seems that traffic on the SaveDreamland site has slowed down considerably since Dreamland re-opened, perhaps that's to be expected. As for somewhere to stay, well that wouldn't be a problem except that I now mostly live on a canal narrowboat 175 miles away from Margate. Still, you'd be welcome if you don't get a better offer, and there are good train connections.
Vince, Charlie and Sam

Postby Jim Douglas Jr. » 08 Apr 2016, 21:10

Aww, thanks!
That would be a cool thing to see. I actually have a friend in Ramsgate I'm gonna hit up for a roof.
Jim Douglas Jr.

Postby Jim Douglas Jr. » 11 Jul 2016, 23:47

ERR!
It's not looking good for a September visit for me. I'm looking at possible unemployment in the next couple of months, and am living in a very expensive place without a college degree to fall back on.
I have some savings, but can't justify spending a months worth of expense on travel.

I'll also admit, I'm not super keen on traveling alone internationally; a personal issue.
Jim Douglas Jr.

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum