29th April 2006 - The first Save Dreamland disco

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Postby Hairy Vince » 30 Apr 2006, 13:10

Wow - what can I say!!!

Firstly...my feet are aching! What a fantastic turnout, thanks again to everyone who made it such a fab night.

Not sure of the final total raised, sure someone will update on that at some point.

Have to say that the two ebay songs, JDJ's Always on my mind and the Ebay winning song MARGATE by Chas n Dave both had people up on the dance floor (Even Dave C's Kylie and Nick Evans's All Right Now went down a treat)

Special mention for the Delayed Experience track which was well received by all there.

It was great to put names to faces, in particular Vince and Nichola.

Finally Dave D and Sarah finishing off with the last dance of the night to a bit of the Hollies, two truly wonderful people sweeping the dance floor (as they had to literally do this morning!!!)

Thanks again, any other photos would be great to see.

KIHNS

Vince
Hairy Vince

Postby RowBot » 30 Apr 2006, 13:20

Was definitly a great night shame I had to leave so early due to the trains :P
RowBot

Postby Jim Douglas Jr. » 30 Apr 2006, 13:44

YEA!
Sounds like a blast. I love dancing like a fool.
Meeting Herbie was great and I'll have photos as soon as I return home.
Kyle & Herbie the Love Bug lll53
Jim Douglas Jr.

Postby porf » 30 Apr 2006, 14:49

A few more photos :

Paul Freeman
porf
Site Admin

Postby Sarah » 30 Apr 2006, 15:20

Oh. My. God.

Paul I had considered you a friend, but you're off the Christmas card list for that last photo.

Vince in Reading - I have some money, not much, but perhaps enough to persuade you not to post any of your photos here. I probably don't have enough cash to cover the video though!

Once my head has stopped throbbing I will write up a little report, make all my thank yous and count the takings. I think it will be over £350, which is fantastic.

Is it me, or is it ridiculously bright out today?

Sarah
Sarah

Postby dave771 » 30 Apr 2006, 16:53

I think its just you honey ! Funnily enough Dave was saying the same thing earlier ! Was a fab night and me and James really appreciated Kylie ! Ha Ha Ha
dave771

Postby vince69619 » 30 Apr 2006, 21:23

Thanks for your kind words Hairy Vince, and Sarah, don't worry I will send you a CD of the photos and you can us them as appropriate.

I haven't yet checked out the video of you trapping Dave C against the wall for some bump N grind! But USA Jim will probably want a copy of the bit of video I took when Vince said something like 'and that request is from another continent'.

Thanks for all that made it happen, we would have stayed a bit longer, but 11:30 was later than I expected to stay. We got home after 1am with our collection of raffle prizes and purchases.

No sign of Bob...

Also no Vince (Charlie and Sam) - I was planning a photo of the three Vinces, just to proove we all exist.

Thanks to Nick E for supporting the campaign, and signing our copy of Dreamland Remembered.

Vince.
vince69619

Postby nicola » 30 Apr 2006, 21:40

Hi thanks for the nice words Hairy Vince , Nicola is actually spelt without an H in it, but never mind. It was a fantastic night it was really nice to meet everyone, and special thanks for all the hard work that Sarah, Hairy Vince, Dave c and Dave D and anyone else put in. Nice to see people take care.

Nicola from Reading.
nicola

Postby Vince, Charlie and Sam » 01 May 2006, 06:03

vince69619 wrote:
Also no Vince (Charlie and Sam) - I was planning a photo of the three Vinces, just to proove we all exist.

Heh, I know we exist.... sorry I couldn't be there but I was looking after C&S as Emma was at work. They are still only seven years old and I know that a bout of the screaming abdabs would have ruined everyones evening- not least mine- around about 9pm.......

Still good to see the photos though so keep em coming!
Vince, Charlie and Sam

Postby DaveD » 02 May 2006, 15:00

I'm very pleased that our Arthritic Traffic Warden Dance has been made avaliable to 14,000 people on the forum. Such an insprirational routine should be shared.

My very humble thanks to everyone that supported & helped with the event on Saturday. We set out and achieved what wanted to do - raise awareness of the campaign locally and have some fun whilst raising money. If we get to do another one, I strongly recommend it as it was an excellent evening with a superb atmosphere.

Dave
DaveD

Postby Bob » 02 May 2006, 15:55

vince69619 wrote:Thanks for your kind words Hairy Vince, and Sarah, don't worry I will send you a CD of the photos and you can us them as appropriate.

I haven't yet checked out the video of you trapping Dave C against the wall for some bump N grind! But USA Jim will probably want a copy of the bit of video I took when Vince said something like 'and that request is from another continent'.

Thanks for all that made it happen, we would have stayed a bit longer, but 11:30 was later than I expected to stay. We got home after 1am with our collection of raffle prizes and purchases.

No sign of Bob...

Thanks to Nick E for supporting the campaign, and signing our copy of Dreamland Remembered.

Vince.

Don't wory I was there observing the function and doing a headcount
Bob

Postby dave771 » 02 May 2006, 16:02

Of course you were Bob, with your mentality I doubt very much you could count the people that were there !
dave771

Postby Sarah » 02 May 2006, 17:08

Oh Bob, I would have saved the last dance for you had I known!

Did you count somewhere between 70-80 people? Were you keeping tabs on how many raffle tickets we sold? Do you make it £396.50 raised for the Campaign too?

Sarah
Sarah

Postby vince69619 » 02 May 2006, 19:00

Bob wrote:
Don't wory I was there observing the function and doing a headcount

Ha Ha, In that case you must have been hiding outside in the car park, because we would have seen you otherwise.

Vince. :D
vince69619

Postby Jim Douglas Jr. » 03 May 2006, 06:47

Oh Bob, I would have saved the last dance for you had I known!

Oh, Sarah. I'm busting a gut laughing over that one. Remind me to kiss you if we ever meet.

Oh, I'm suuuuuure Bob was there. Probably the guy picking half-eaten snacks out of the rubbish.
Kyle & Herbie the Love Bug lll53
Jim Douglas Jr.

PreviousNext

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum