29th April 2006 - The first Save Dreamland disco

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Postby dave771 » 08 Apr 2006, 07:56

Same here Jim, people just assume cos you like a bit of Kylie, Pet shop boys and Shirley Bassey that you must bat for the other side ! Oh well just let them assume what they like dear ! ha ha ha x
dave771

Postby Hairy Vince » 09 Apr 2006, 18:15

Jim Douglas Jr. wrote:This is beginning to sound like either a kiddie dance, a wedding, or a gay disco.

I can confirm I have DJ'ed in some form all three of these events....so shouldn't be a problem either way....it could end up a disco for a civil partnership for 8 year olds (ie taking in all three options!)
Hairy Vince

Postby Hairy Vince » 09 Apr 2006, 18:16

PS Don't worry...my face doesn't really look like the picture on the news section!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hairy Vince

Hi

Postby cliffc » 10 Apr 2006, 13:10

Jim Douglas Jr. wrote:Perhaps being a Club DJ, I could whip together a little Pet Shop/Bronski/Commu/Dead or Alive/New Order/Depeche Mode-ish Gay Disco Classic Mega-Mix and have him play it.
...not that I would know anything about the gay club scene....

Hi Jim

We beleve you allthough i am sure you posted your photo in with your intro profile in the introduce youself thread, and if memory serves me correctly you did look like you had just been to the audtions for a Village People tribute band (unless of course that photo is not of you)

Cliff C
cliffc

Postby Jim Douglas Jr. » 10 Apr 2006, 17:41

No, that was me. I was being sarcastic in my "...not that I would know..." comment.

Guilty as charged. Image
Kyle & Herbie the Love Bug lll53
Jim Douglas Jr.

Postby cliffc » 13 Apr 2006, 08:42

Jim Douglas Jr. wrote:No, that was me. I was being sarcastic in my "...not that I would know..." comment.

Guilty as charged. Image

Hi jim

I thought you this may have been the case alltogether now "YMCA its fun down at the YMCA"

Cliff C
cliffc

Postby Hairy Vince » 13 Apr 2006, 16:29

Young Man....I was once in your shoes!
Hairy Vince

Postby Jim Douglas Jr. » 15 Apr 2006, 19:12

What? You were a gay leatherman once? Image

Oh darn it! I missed being outbid and now it's over! How did I miss that!?
Jim Douglas Jr.

Postby porterm » 24 Apr 2006, 01:26

Vince,

Just a couple of questions re this Saturday's disco;

a) Just wondered if children were allowed to go along (or is there a minimum age?)

b) Forgive me for maybe being a bit stupid, but is the venue near the old Docks area in Chatham? (would it be possible to have a rough map put up for directions) - if it's near the rail station it should be quite easy, but I thought a map might help a few out-of-towners.

Thanks in advance,

Martin

PS I'm hopefully attracting a few other friends and aquaintances to go along too.
porterm

Postby RowBot » 24 Apr 2006, 05:42

Ya just wondering if some1 can comfirm I would be going to the right place http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi? ... ight.y=227
It's got the train station on the bottom of the map and if you click up twice you will see Dock Road.

Ian
RowBot

Postby Hairy Vince » 24 Apr 2006, 09:38

To Answer Ian's question first, your multimap is spot on (it is actually where the (P) is on the dock road page)

Onto Martin's questions, there is no minimum age, it will be a real family atmosphere (I love a party with a happy atmosphere), the more the merrier.

Ian's multimap will give everyone getting the train enough information. Any problems on the day, my mobile is 07981 661 451, feel free to give me a bell.

I think it is shaping up to be a classic evening, looking forward to seeing as many of you there as possible.

Bring on the Fun!!!

29th April - Be there or Be Bob
Hairy Vince

Postby DaveD » 24 Apr 2006, 11:37

Just to re-emphasize Mr Hairy's earlier point, there will be other children present on the evening so it's absolutely no problem for smaller people to come.

There will also be Vegetarian Options in the buffet, cheap drinks on draught all night (£2.00 a pint…!) and Vince is quite a selfless DJ so there will be a lot of 60's, 70's, 80's & 90's stuff. For anybody driving, there is a huge CCTV'd Car Park opposite and The Command House Pub adjacent to the venue is a very hospitable establishment as Ms Sarah Vickery will testify, is open until 4am for anyone wanting to extend their Save Dreamland Frivolities.

Some people are favouring beachwear as their apparel of choice on the night (I knew I'd need my Bermuda Shorts again one day) so it'll all add to an excellent evening. Hope you can all make it and bring all your chums!

Dave D
DaveD

Postby Hairy Vince » 24 Apr 2006, 14:18

DaveD wrote: Vince is quite a selfless DJ so there will be a lot of 60's, 70's, 80's & 90's stuff.
Dave D

You missed out handsome, slim, talented etc,etc,etc
Hairy Vince

Postby Jim Douglas Jr. » 24 Apr 2006, 19:52

Oh. I hate when huge links force one
to scroll back and forth on the page. There's a
way to edit that down.

Anyway, I'm going to honor my bid from ebay.
Vince, can you e-mail me your PayPal address so I can chip in?
All I ask is that you play Pet Shop Boy's "Always On My Mind".
I think that's the one. This campaign is always on my mind, so it
seems appropriate.

kyle_sund@hotmail.com
Jim Douglas Jr.

Postby RowBot » 24 Apr 2006, 21:59

Yes thank you for your comment there Jim I do know theres away around that since I am a webmaster myself. But somehow when you post a link I prefer people to see what they are clicking on otherwise it might not be so safe.

Ian
RowBot

PreviousNext

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum