DATE DREAMLAND CLOSING

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

DATE DREAMLAND CLOSING

Postby Gez » 11 Jul 2003, 11:55

:cry: Does anyone know the last day that Dreamland will open in September. We want to go on what will no doubt be a very sad day. It would be lovely to see the park packed on the day of its closing. I don't suppose there is anything special planned. :(
Gez

closing date for dreamland

Postby dave771 » 11 Jul 2003, 17:30

Hi my name is Dave Collard and am running the Scenic Railway Trust this year, the dates we have been given are that we are open daily till 7th september then weekends only till the 28th september then the park will be closed. I have heard a rumour that the group Blazing Squad will be appearing at dreamland on the 31st of August but will let you know when it has been confirmed by Dave Wallis who is operating the park this year. The 2 new rides- The Rotor and the Move It will be leaving the site on the 1st or 2nd of september so if you want to go on these rides it is recommended that you visit the park before the summer holidays end.

After speaking to Dave Wallis today I can confirm that the group Blazing Squad will be appearing at Dreamland on Sunday the 31st of August, Im not sure how people will be charged for the event but as and when I have further details I will let you all know,

Dave
dave771

Postby Gez » 18 Jul 2003, 09:36

Thanks Dave. You did meet all of us in May (my Wife, daughers, in-laws) and we'll be back in August as well. Hope all is going well and the Scenic is very busy! :lol:
Gez

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum