Blazing Squad at Dreamland

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Blazing Squad at Dreamland

Postby dave771 » 12 Jul 2003, 22:16

Hi everyone,

Its Dave from the Scenic Railway Trust, just to let you all know that it has been confirmed today by the operator of the park Dave Wallis that the group Blazing Squad will be appearing at Dreamland on Sunday the 31st of August, I am not sure how people will be charged for the event but will let you know as soon as I have further details.

Dave
dave771

Postby xblazinfanx2003 » 16 Jul 2003, 20:02

As soon as u no how much it will cost 2 get in 2 c blazin squad plz will u contact me at, harppa3@btinternet.com. I am thier biggest fan ever!!! I luv them 2 bits + it will b a great opputunity for me 2 c them. many thanx :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
xblazinfanx2003

Postby xblazinfanx2003 » 25 Aug 2003, 20:10

hi, i was just wondering if anybody new about Blazin Squad going 2 dreamland this Sunday as i am hoping 2 go, but hav no information about it wat so ever. I would b very gratefull if somebody could tell some information about it plz. :oops:
xblazinfanx2003

haribo truck tour

Postby dave771 » 25 Aug 2003, 22:24

Hi, its dave from the Scenic again, Blazing Squad will be appearing at the park as part of the Haribo fun day this coming Sunday, as far as i am aware there is no charge and you should be able to get further details from the haribo website which is www.haribo.com then select haribo truck tour from the uk section.
dave771

Blazin' Squad @ Dreamland

Postby porterm » 31 Aug 2003, 02:00

Hi all,

Firstly, I must explain, at 42 years old, I have to say that I have hardly even heard of this group. However, I was just interested to know what time they are playing as the Haribo website did not seem to give any performance times. (It also said the location was the Harbour Car Park; I assume that is the one next to Dreamland).

I am working until 3.15pm today in Maidstone so I wouldn't be able to get over until at least 4.15pm anyway.

I also wondered if any media will be in attendance as this could generate some further attention for our Campaign.

I'd be grateful for any replies; apologies for the late posting.

Martin :D
porterm

Postby dave771 » 31 Aug 2003, 22:14

Hi Martin,
Blazing Squad and another group called 3rd edge did appear at 3pm for approx 45 minutes. In the end the stage was set up in front of the Scenic Railway on the main car park.

I did manage to speak to the organisers and got a team of the haribo crew and their mascot Hari Boy to ride the Scenic a couple of times and have got their details so i can maybe get copies of the pics to put on this site.

Was quite a good turn out and a reasonable day for the Scenic as well!

Dave
dave771

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum