Anyone going to Dreamland on Satuarday 19/07/03

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Anyone going to Dreamland on Satuarday 19/07/03

Postby Alan » 16 Jul 2003, 21:04

Hi All,
Anyone going to Dreamland on Satuarday, All my family are going to support the scenic railway. We all need to go as much as possible.

Alan
Alan

saturday 19th visit

Postby dave771 » 16 Jul 2003, 21:41

Hi its Dave from the Scenic Railway Trust, I take it you are coming with the Great Britain Coaster Club as they have a trip planned for Saturday, if you are not with them we welcome anyone who wants to support the Trust and the Scenic Railway, I will be working on the ride on Saturday so make yourself known when you come up to the ride as it is nice to put a face to the name,

See you Saturday,

Dave
dave771

Dreamland Visit: Saturday 19 July

Postby porterm » 16 Jul 2003, 22:35

Hi Alan et all,

(Just preparing myself for the future French connection!) Yes, I'd love to go on Saturday. Sadly though, I have to be at work at 2pm that afternoon in Maidstone. I'd like to meet up with the Roller Coaster Club of Great Britain; I did visit last Sunday but if I get up early this Saturday I could make an early visit (and unfortunately an early departure).

I can't promise anything but I'll certainly do my best. After all, if we have our friends from places like Birmingham making the effort to visit I'm sure we, living in the same county, could make the effort. After all, come early September it could be all too late; let's keep the crowds flocking in, and let's hope the weather stays favourable.

Au revoir pour maintenant,

Martin :D

(Hope my distant O-level French suffices)
porterm

Postby Alan » 17 Jul 2003, 20:38

Hi Dave,
You may have seen me at the Convention on 1 June. See you on Saturday.

Alan
Alan

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum