french company?

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

french company?

Postby Chris Ben Kent » 22 Jul 2003, 14:02

i heve just left school and would be very interested in a job at the new dreamland, hopefully if all goes well! but no one ever mentions the name of this elusive french company, so i cant find out about future employment at dreamland...does anyone have any information?

thanks! :D
Chris Ben Kent

working at dreamland

Postby dave771 » 22 Jul 2003, 21:08

hi chris,
No decision has been made regarding this french company as yet so i think their name will remain anonymous untill something has been decided, my main point i would like to make to you is that working at a fun park is not as fun as you may think!

I have worked at Dreamland starting in 1991 and have done 7 seasons there all together, it can be great fun but it is also very hard work, you have the following to remember when working at a fun park,

You will be working at the hottest time of the year and at peak season may be working up to 14 hrs a day

you will have a lot of customers arguing with you about things that are out of your control, - height restrictions, and if they dont like what the ride does e.g - too fast - you will be the first person they shout at even though it is not your fault!

But there are some good times as well, whatever fun park you work in you have to understand that it isnt as fun as it may seem and you have to take the rough with the smooth,

Next time you are at the park come to the scenic and ask for dave and i will show you around as to what a typical day is like,

Good luck with whatever you decide to do for work,

Dave
dave771

Thanks!

Postby Chris Ben Kent » 23 Jul 2003, 09:42

thankyou for the advice dave!, i will come and find you when i visit next,
i want to be at dreamland just because i allways dreampt of working there, i understand it's not an easy job, but i think it would be worth it for me.
besides, i didn't really like the idea of working in safeway!
thanks again!
and i wish the campaign the best of luck, shame there isn't more i could do to help!

chris :D
Chris Ben Kent

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum