Book: Amusement Park Rides (M. Easdown)

This is what Joyland Books is all about! What do you recommend? What should be avoided? Is there a title you just can't find? We will do everything we can to help.

Moderator: dave771

Book: Amusement Park Rides (M. Easdown)

Postby Simon Baynham » 17 Jul 2012, 16:15

I recently received (Thanks JoylandBooks) ... and have been enjoying reading Martin Easdown's new book "AMUSEMENT PARK RIDES." Whereas most such publications focus on US parks/rides entirely, I found it most refreshing to read -and learn- about parks and rides' development in the UK too.

I recently added this book to my own RollerCoasterMediaLibrary.com website:

====================
[BOOK 452] MARTIN EASDOWN: AMUSEMENT PARK RIDES. [2012]
(15x21cm - 58 Pages - Many B&W & colour photos). The roller coaster is usually the main attraction of any amusement or theme park, and this book outlines the history of these fascinating structures in the US and Europe before charting the development of the UK’s roller coasters, revolving towers, aerial rides, Ferris wheels and water chutes. Key venues: Aberdeen, Barry Island, Blackpool, Brighton, Clacton-on-Sea, Cleethorpes, Edinburgh, Folkestone, Great Yarmouth, Isle of Man, London (various venues), Manchester Belle Vue & White City, Margate Dreamland, Morecambe, New Brighton, Oakwood (Wales), Porthcawl, Ramsgate, Redcar, Rhyl, Scarborough, Shipley Glen, Skegness, Southend-on-Sea, Southport Pleasureland & White City, Weston Super-Mare, Whitley Bay etc.). Chapter Points: Introduction; Early Roller Coasters; Slides, Water Chutes and Other Rides; Aerial Rides and Flying Machines; The Inter-War Period; Modern Rides; Further Reading; Index. ANDY SHINE'S RATING: Good / Recommended.
====================

I thought this book was money well spent, so thank you to JoylandBooks for your continued promotion of such home-focussed publications.

Simon A.S. Baynham
Simon Baynham

Return to Books, DVDs, Magazines, CD-ROMs