Rollercoaster - The book of the film.

This is what Joyland Books is all about! What do you recommend? What should be avoided? Is there a title you just can't find? We will do everything we can to help.

Moderator: dave771

Rollercoaster - The book of the film.

Postby Fraser » 30 Jan 2003, 10:25

I'm trying to trace a copy of the book that inspired the film "Rollercoaster". I think it was called Death Ride (but maybe not). Anyone help?
Fraser

Postby mesmoland » 01 Apr 2008, 23:05

:P I have a feeling that Tommy Cook wrote it for the screen.
Visit mesmoland on you tube "The World's First Cerebral Theme Park "
mesmoland

Postby deanna » 06 Sep 2008, 10:16

yes it is the Death Ride by Burton Wohl. And it is a good read.
deanna

Postby Simon Baynham » 04 Feb 2009, 23:54

Hi Joyland'ers

Burton Wohl's 1977 RollerCoaster (The High-Roller to Terror!) novel is available on the internet for a few £s.

Interestingly, Timothy Bottoms' character is known as "Young Man" in the film, but is referred to as "Eddie Parnasus" in the book.

Read you all soon

Simon Baynham
Simon Baynham

Postby derekf » 31 Mar 2012, 23:21

I definitely liked that book, although i must go back to my bookshelf and start reading it again as i want to watch the movie, that i have not seen yet but I'm the type who reads the book then watches the movie so its better to read through it again just to refresh my memory.
derekf

Postby Simon Baynham » 27 Apr 2012, 13:07

Hi Joylanders.

I found the book much ruder than the film! Eddie Parnassus (Young Man) clearly is a guy with 'issues' in the book that are not portrayed in the film - thankfully.

To view a catalogue (with images) of 700+ amusement park/coaster/rides books and VHSs/DVDs, including "Rollercoaster" the movie [DVD#2] and Burton Wohl's book "Rollercoaster - The High-Roller To Terror" [Book#12]. Visit: http://www.rollercoastermedialibrary.com

And, you may like to try your luck with Andy Shine's Quizzes too, all about the amusement industry, parks, coasters, rides, etc...

Simon
Simon Baynham

Return to Books, DVDs, Magazines, CD-ROMs