Louis Tussards

The Great British Seaside Resort: sun, sand, piers, funfairs and donkey rides. But that is only part of the attraction. If you love being beside the seaside, talk about it here!

Moderator: dave771

Louis Tussards

Postby adethestokie » 13 Jul 2007, 21:34

No trip to Blackpool was complete without a trip to the Wax Museum.
I remember my Mother taking me in there back in the very early 70s.
Of course everyone can remember the chamber of horrors.
The m6 motorway crash.. I can still see the motorbike embeded into the front of the car, with the poor biker's head smashed to a pulp on the bonnet.
The torture chamber, some poor bloke suspended from the ceiling by a meat hook with his guts hanging out.
As the years have gone on, its gone pretty tame now.
But those visions have stuck with me for years.
Anyone have any memories about the Museum?
and is there a book of illustrated photos through out the years of Louis Tussards?
adethestokie

Re: Louis Tussards

Postby Bob » 05 Sep 2007, 17:46

adethestokie wrote:No trip to Blackpool was complete without a trip to the Wax Museum.
I remember my Mother taking me in there back in the very early 70s.
Of course everyone can remember the chamber of horrors.
The m6 motorway crash.. I can still see the motorbike embeded into the front of the car, with the poor biker's head smashed to a pulp on the bonnet.
The torture chamber, some poor bloke suspended from the ceiling by a meat hook with his guts hanging out.
As the years have gone on, its gone pretty tame now.
But those visions have stuck with me for years.
Anyone have any memories about the Museum?
and is there a book of illustrated photos through out the years of Louis Tussards?

There used to be a whole chain of them at one time. There was one at Clacton & one at Porthcawl and no doubt many more
Bob

waxworks

Postby mesmoland » 08 Aug 2008, 14:24

I love a good (or bad for that matter !) waxworks.I go to Blackpool most years and I remember the car crash,it said this actually happened out side the main door, mmmmm :?:
I have filmed it a few times mainly for using in my music videos:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=VbtFKmWd-Qc
Here is one with the chamber of horrors but only a few years back I'm afraid:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=O71GB_Vg9lo
This one has some bits in too:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hPTPFejSz1g
Does anyone remember the waxworks at Weston-Super-Mare ? With it's upstairs chamber of horrors ? I have fond memories of it
Such as "Cassius Clay " with a big swollen boxing glove from the spotlight :lol: I think it closed in 1982,my boss moved into the house that the waxwork owner lived in,and there were some heads in the basement ! I was going to have them but they were smashed up before the house sale went through :cry:
Visit mesmoland on you tube "The World's First Cerebral Theme Park "
mesmoland

Return to Seaside Forum