Weymouth Carnival

The Great British Seaside Resort: sun, sand, piers, funfairs and donkey rides. But that is only part of the attraction. If you love being beside the seaside, talk about it here!

Moderator: dave771

Weymouth Carnival

Postby Mike Smith » 18 Sep 2007, 14:30

Weymouth Round Table annoced yesterday that owing to low member numbers they could no longer organise Weymouth Carnival which has been going for 50 years.

What a shame such a popular event has to go because no one has a fews days to spare for a great days entertainment. Having run a steam rally for 3 days I can understand why they feel they can not continue.

Mike Smith
Mike Smith

Re: Weymouth Carnival

Postby Mashman » 12 Oct 2007, 17:41

Mike Smith wrote:Weymouth Round Table annoced yesterday that owing to low member numbers they could no longer organise Weymouth Carnival which has been going for 50 years.

What a shame such a popular event has to go because no one has a fews days to spare for a great days entertainment. Having run a steam rally for 3 days I can understand why they feel they can not continue.

Mike Smith

I think you'll find the Carnival will still happen. Just not organised by the Round Table thats all.

Mashman.
Mashman

weymouth carnival

Postby Mike Smith » 13 Oct 2007, 17:49

I have not heard anything else except that the Victorian evening organisers where going to a meeting with the council and the round table.

I would have thought they need to appiont someone soon as these events can take a good 12 months to plan so if no working is being done at the moment thats a lot of time to make up.

Its one of those jobs which you only hear when you do something wrong when it all goes to plan then they get no thanks.

It would be a shame as its been running for years and it would be a shame to lose such a great day, Having said that it would be better to miss a year and then come back just as good to try and rush a day together and it be a total flop.

Mike Smith
Mike Smith

Return to Seaside Forum