Pictures Of Colwyn Bay Victoria Pier

The Great British Seaside Resort: sun, sand, piers, funfairs and donkey rides. But that is only part of the attraction. If you love being beside the seaside, talk about it here!

Moderator: dave771

Pictures Of Colwyn Bay Victoria Pier

Postby mrjimlowe » 06 Nov 2008, 18:54

Hello

Here is a page about Colwyn Bay Victoria Pier which I will be adding to soon:

http://northwestseasidetowns.t35.com/colwynbay/index.htm
Last edited by mrjimlowe on 19 Mar 2010, 23:43, edited 2 times in total.
Regards

Jim Lowe

Website and Forum: http://www.northwestseasidetowns.co.uk
mrjimlowe

Postby mrjimlowe » 17 Jul 2009, 21:01

Victoria Pier, Colwyn Bay - News after 1 year of closure

Hello

Here is the latest news from Steve Hunt:

Hi everyone, it is a year today that the CORRUPT Conwy County Borough Council gave knowingly UNTRUE statements to a Judge at Caernarfon County Court, in a case where I was UNLAWFULLY DENIED A FAIR TRIAL, subsequently made bankrupt and the pier closed down.
Over the past year I have gathered full documentary evidence of several CRIMINAL offences, as well as many CIVIL Law offences too. One civil case has been taken to Court and won - which resulted in further evidence of the Criminal activities of certain Council officers being revealed, not to mention the Council having to pay the legal costs with YOUR council-tax money!.

Full details of the Crimes have been given to the Police, and supposedly investigated by CID / CPS. However, there are very serious anomalies between what CID and CPS tell me - their stories simply do not match up, my file mysteriously disappeared for 3 weeks, both parties absolutely refuse to meet me in the same place at the same time in order for me to establish which is telling the truth, Police Chief Richard Brunstrom has made untrue statements about my case which he absolutely refuses to substantiate, and so it goes on...

What I can say is this:

It is now 100% proven that the Council knowingly LIED to the Court at the beginning and all through the legal process. That is PERJURY.

It is now 100% proven that the Council LIED to the County Court, Magistrates Court, Bailiffs, Official Receiver and Insolvency Practitioner about how much money I owed them - The Council KNEW that I did not, and never have, owed them the money they claimed, even before they started the Bankruptcy process. That is PERJURY.

It is now 100% proven that the Council actually OWE ME money which they deliberately tried to conceal by altering their computer records. That is FRAUD.

It is now 100% proven that the Council instructed their external Lawyers to make 2 written statements to the Court which both parties knew knew were UNTRUE. That is PERJURY and Conspiring to PERVERT THE COURSE OF JUSTICE.

The Council LIED to the Information Commissioners Office about requests for information I made to them in January 2007. This information, if provided, would have put an end to the business rates dispute as it shows the Council KNEW I did not owe the sums they claimed. The Council UNLAWFULLY denied me access to that information until AFTER the Bankruptcy trial, thus conspiring to ensure I received an UNFAIR TRIAL (against Article 6 of the European Human Right Act), since I had no means of defending their KNOWINGLY FRAUDULENT CLAIMS against me in Court. The Council Officer concerned admits to the lies, but flatly refuses to state if he lied off his own back, or was instructed to lie by others... I understand he has now left the Council.

The Council have had several secret meeting about me, which they refuse to release any details of. Certain Council Officers (including the one who LIED to the Information Commissioners Office) were "required to attend" these secret meetings, and they were told to mark their time down as being "out of office" - WHY? - if it is an official Council meeting to discuss official Council business why are there no minutes, no correspondence and most importantly why were the officers told to cover their tracks?

The local media have been 'Gagged' by the Council, and told not to print anything about the Pier story which paints the Council in a bad light - its a pretty pathetic situation when editors bow down to the Council like that.

The Council UNLAWFULLY REFUSE to reveal how much taxpayer's money they have wasted in fighting me - but it is known to be in the 10s of 1000s of pounds already.

It has been revealed that the Welsh Assembly Government have literally Millions of Pounds waiting to be invested into the regeneration of the Pier, even with it in private ownership, from a special regeneration fund. The Council knew about this, but tried to keep it a secret from me at the same time as trying to force the pier to be put up for auction... I think you can work out for yourselves what is going on there...

All of the above is proven by the Council's OWN documents, and all will be published online shortly so you can see for yourselves. Since the Police are so "reluctant", shall we say, to do anything then I think we'll have a trial by media. Open questions will be put to the Police too, so they can justify their actions at refusing to investigate reports of Criminal Activity which are 100% backed up by unquestionable evidence.

WHETHER IT BE IN THE COURTS OR IN THE PUBLIC DOMAIN, THE COUNCIL FILTH WILL BE NAMED, SHAMED AND BROUGHT TO JUSTICE.

The petition to the Prime Minister to conduct a Public Inquiry into Corruption at CCBC is now in the top 10% of petitons on the Downing Street website... if you still haven't singed it, please do, and ask your friends to do so too. This is the link: http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/colwynpier/ (the website sends you an email after you sign which you have to reply to before your signature gets counted. Also note that all family members can individually sign and be counted even if they live in the same house, so long as they have different email addresses)

It seems the only way to get Justice is going to be by Public/Media pressure (just like with the MPs expenses scandal) - so the pressure needs stepping up.

David Jones MP, is the MP for Colwyn Bay, and also Shadow Minister for Wales. He is deeply concerned at the Councils treatment of me and my tenants and employees who all lost their businesses and jobs as a result of the Council's actions. If you feel strongly about the way in which the Council has behaved, please write to Mr Jones to express your views. You can do this easily by email to: jonesdi@parliament.uk or by old-fashied snail mail to: David Jones MP, Shadow Minister for Wales, House of Commons, Westminster, London, SW1A 0AA.

Your continued support is much appreciated.

Steve Hunt
www.victoriapier.com
Regards

Jim Lowe

mrjimlowe

Postby EAS » 19 Jul 2009, 11:23

Good grief.

I look forward to reading more.
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition: Rule 76. Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.
EAS

Postby mrjimlowe » 15 Sep 2009, 23:54

Hello

Here is another update on the situation from Steve Hunt 15/09/09

"Hello! - latest news from the fight for Victoria Pier, Colwyn Bay".

COUNCIL LOSE IN COURT AGAIN AFTER THEIR LIES ARE EXPOSED - MORE TAXPAYER MONEY WASTED!
You may recall that earlier in the year I won a landmark case against Conwy County Borough Council, where the Court ruled they had to disclose all the correspondence between them and their Lawyers... The Court also ordered the Council to pay my costs in the case, but the Council failed to do so.
Consequently, a Warrant of Execution was issued against the Council, wasting another £55 of local tax-payers money, and the Court Bailiff was sent out to collect the total debt owed by the Council. The Council decided to LIE to the Court Bailiff by stating that they had already paid the debt, when they knew they had not!
The Court subsequently again ordered the Council to pay me the £55, but again they refused, and insisted on a further Court Hearing (which was today)... The Council failed to even turn up! - which given they were the ones who wanted a hearing, says everything you need to know about the pathetic cowards... Needless to day, after reviewing the evidence, the Judge made another Order that the Council must pay the outstanding £55 by the end of the month.
Of course, had the Council not wilfully decided to break the law for over 2 years in the first place, I wouldn't have needed to take them to court...
Just how much of YOUR Council Tax money has this wasted - and who is accountable for it??

COUNCIL ADMIT IN WRITING THEY DID NOT FOLLOW ANY OFFICIAL POLICY
Also today, David Smith at the Council has admitted in writing that:
a) the Council have no policy telling them to ignore the Data Protection Act
b) the Council have no policy telling them to waste public money fighting a Court Case they cannot possibly win
c) the Council have no policy telling them to lie to Court Officers
d) the Council have no policy telling them to refuse to comply with Court Orders
SO...
WHY did they do ALL the above, and WHO decided it was OK? - someone has to be held accountable - and that's the next thing to be discovered...
You can view/print David Smith's letter for yourself here: http://www.victoriapier.com/docs/110909.pdf (opens as a pdf file)

COUNCIL REFUSE TO REVEAL COSTS OF MALICIOUS BANKRUPTCY
The Council still refuse to reveal information on how much taxpayers money they have wasted fighting me in their malicious action, and still refuse to answer numerous other requests for information from myself and other people who are trying to get to the bottom of this (and other matters). See here: http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/body/conwy_council - its a great website if you want to find out any of the Councils dirty little secrets, and lets face it, there are a hell of a lot of them!

CRIMINAL ACTION / POLICE FAILURES
You will probably remember me telling you that files of evidence of criminal activities of various Council Officers had been presented to CID Detectives? - well allegedly they gave the complete file to the Crown Prosecution Service. However, the file mysteriously disappeared for 3 weeks, and when it arrived at CPS, the information I had given CID was not in it - what a surprise!... CID insist they gave all the evidence to CPS. CPS insist it wasn't all in the file. CID point blank refuse to explain where my file was for 3 weeks, and CID and CPS refuse to meet me in the same room at the same time, in order for me to cross-question them, to establish which of them is telling the truth...
Then there's the statements of the now-thankfully-ex police chief Richard Brunstrom, who made statements about the Police's handling of the case which were quite simply untrue. When challenged directly to substantiate his claims, he simply refused to comment. He's apparently retiring to the Caymen Islands - make your own punchlines up!
Now I have the same problem with a senior CID Detective who has again made certain statements, and to whom I have asked simple questions, which he refuses to either answer or explain....
Oh, and then there's the blatant LIES of the Police in my Freedom of Information Request here: http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/r ... ate_crimes
I had hoped the Police were not as corrupt as Conwy Council... you can make your own minds up...

PETITION FOR PUBLIC INQUIRY IN TOP 10% !
Thanks if you've signed the online petition for a Public Inquiry into corruption at Conwy County Borough Council. The petition is now inside the top 10% of over 4,700 petitions to the Prime Minister! Friends and family can all sign, as long as you each have a different email address - so please spread the word and help get it to the top!. If you're on facebooks or twitties or one of those blog things, let all your friends know!
Click here to sign: http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/colwynpier/
If you signed, but your name hasn't appeared: check your email, the Downing Street website sends you back an email after you sign the petition to confirm you are a "real live person" - you have to click the link in the email for your signature to go live.

MEDIA BLACKOUT
The press and media are being kept informed of events, but some editors are believed to be under massive pressure not to publish anything about the whole pier fiasco which paints the Council in a bad light... rather pathetic I'm sure you'll agree, but shows you to what depths the Council will sink to keep the truth from coming out.
Those of you who like writing letters, get on to the local media (Newspapers, TV and Radio) and ask them why they are not covering this (they all got this email too!) ... The Council wasting YOUR money on malicious legal action is a serious public interest matter!

MORE ON THE WEBSITE
There's a bit more on the pier website at www.victoriapier.com and more Council documents proving their LIES and FRAUDULENT CLAIMS will be published soon. I will also be naming and shaming individual Council staff for their actions, all fully backed by their own internal documents and their own computer records now all safely in my possession...

P.S. to CCBC Staff reading this:
Firstly, at least have the balls to use your work email.
Secondly, if you don't like the above, TOUGH. You chose to fight me - you were warned of the consequences.

Steve
www.victoriapier.com
Regards

Jim Lowe

mrjimlowe

Return to Seaside Forum