BBC Programme about Colwyn Pier on BBC iPlayer

The Great British Seaside Resort: sun, sand, piers, funfairs and donkey rides. But that is only part of the attraction. If you love being beside the seaside, talk about it here!

Moderator: dave771

BBC Programme about Colwyn Pier on BBC iPlayer

Postby mrjimlowe » 08 Dec 2008, 22:43

Hello

Here is a link to BBC iPlayer where you can watch a programme about a year in the life of Colwyn Bay Victoria Pier:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00g1vgj/Pier_Pressure/

Hello there!

You may have been wondering what is happening with Colwyn Bay Pier... well, it is rather complicated to explain in just a few words, but in very simple terms, Conwy County Borough Council (CCBC) made untrue claims to the Courts in order to make me bankrupt and thus close the pier down. Myself and my lawyers are working hard on the situation, but it takes time to go through all the legal processes. CCBC are now under investigation by various official bodies, including CID, for a number of serious civil and criminal offences. CCBC are due in court in February, for the first of probably many cases that will be brought against them in this utterly outrageous case.

Since October 2007, BBC Wales have been filming a documentary about a year in the life of the pier, and the challenges I face trying to restore and improve the facilities, whilst battling against the corrupt council.

The film "Pier Pressure" goes out on BBC 2 Wales and BBC 2W on Thursday 11th December at 7.30pm.

You are invited to a special free preview public screening tomorrow night (Tuesday 9th) at 7pm at The Interchange (also known as Sure Hope Church) at 317, Abergele Road, Old Colwyn, LL29 9YF. After the screening there will be a question and answer session with the BBC programme makers and the people featured in the film, including me, obviously!

Anyway, I hope you will manage to catch the film one way or another.

I will be updating the website shortly including a bit more detail on the legal battle with CCBC, and I may even start naming and shaming the individuals responsible at CCBC who have broken the law. I also intend to start publishing some of the damning internal council documents I have now managed to get my hands on... the local council tax payers can then see for themselves just what kinds of things they get up to at the council.

A number of people are getting together to start a new fund-raising and pressure group to support re-opening and restoration of the pier. If you are interested in getting involved in any way, have some fund-raising ideas or whatever, please let me know and I'll put you all in touch.

The pier will be open again in 2009, unless Hollywood comes knocking on my door, of course...

Regards,

Steve Hunt
Victoria Pier, Colwyn Bay
www.victoriapier.com

Very interesting !
Regards

Jim Lowe

Website and Forum: http://www.northwestseasidetowns.co.uk
mrjimlowe

Return to Seaside Forum