Colwyn Bay Pier Fight goes to Downing Street. New Petition

The Great British Seaside Resort: sun, sand, piers, funfairs and donkey rides. But that is only part of the attraction. If you love being beside the seaside, talk about it here!

Moderator: dave771

Colwyn Bay Pier Fight goes to Downing Street. New Petition

Postby mrjimlowe » 03 Mar 2009, 20:37

Latest news from Victoria Pier, Colwyn Bay:

Pier Fight goes to 10 Downing Street. New petition on line.

There is now an online petition registered on the Governments official site, asking the Prime Minister to conduct a full Public Inquiry into the malicious bankruptcy action Conwy County Borough Council brought against me, which included making written statements to the Court which they absolutely knew were untrue.
If you think this level of corruption is unacceptable for a local authority, and are disgusted at the tens of thousands of pounds of your council tax money that is being wasted in fighting me and keeping the pier closed, then please go to this link and sign the petition http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/colwynpier/ - it only takes a moment or two (the site sends you back an email in which you have to click the link to complete sign up to make sure you're a real live person!) Please spread the word to other people you know are interested in either the pier or this scandal with the Corrupt Council... who knows what the investigation might turn up!

Further details about the recent landmark Court Order made against the Council are on the pier website www.victoriapier.com

Also, I've recently been updating the pier archives on the website, including dates when many famous acts appeared at the pier in the 70s and 80s from MOTORHEAD to SLADE and from ELVIS COSTELLO to IRON MAIDEN... if you remember any of these or any other gigs in the good ol'days, please get in touch... I'm trying to get accurate dates, so I'm especially interested if you have any old programmes, newspaper cuttings, gig tickets, posters or whatever. Have a rummage!

That's it for now, watch this space as they say...

Steve Hunt
www.victoriapier.com
Regards

Jim Lowe

Website and Forum: http://www.northwestseasidetowns.co.uk
mrjimlowe

Postby mrjimlowe » 29 Apr 2009, 16:55

Colwyn Pier Battle - "Council Lies & Secret Meetings!"

Hello! - latest news from the battleground that is Victoria Pier, Colwyn Bay...

MORE COUNCIL LIES!
Conwy County Borough Council have blatantly lied to the Courts yet again! - I'm sure this won't come as any surprise to most of you reading this given what they have already done, but you have to wonder just when CCBC are going to be satisfied with the depth of the massive hole they have dug themselves?
Basically, on 7th April the Council lost their attempts to keep secret the correspondence between themselves and their Lawyers. This is known as 'legal privilege'. The Court ordered that considering the seriousness of the whole case, the Council must disclose all correspondence to me, and also that they must pay my costs in bringing the matter to Court. The Council reluctantly handed over the correspondence a few days later (which I am not convinced is complete, but that is another issue), but did not pay the costs order. Consequently, a Warrant of Execution was issued against the Council, wasting another £55 of local tax-payers money, and meaning the Court Bailiff was sent out to collect the debt owed by the Council. However, the Council decided to LIE to the Court Bailiff by stating that they had already paid the debt, when they have not!... Of course, had the Council not wilfully decided to break the law for over 2 years in the first place, I wouldn't have needed to take them to court... Needless to say the case continues...

SECRET COUNCIL MEETING GATE-CRASHED
On the 23rd April, the Council held a secret meeting to discuss the future of the pier. I was specifically and deliberately NOT invited to attend. However, I decided to gate-crash the meeting and give them all a nice surprise. The look on the faces of the Council officers present was absolutely priceless as they squirmed in their seats not knowing where to look or what to say!... Why would a local authority meet in private to discuss a private individuals property, specifically excluding the owner of that property, unless they were up to no good? It was an interesting meeting, but obviously the true intent of that meeting is unknown...

COUNCIL REFUSE TO REVEAL COSTS OF MALICIOUS BANKRUPTCY
A short while ago I was chatting to someone on the Promenade who asked me how much of their hard-earned council tax the Council had wasted in fighting me... "I don't know, but I'll find out". I said. So I have asked the Council to reveal how much they have spent (so far) fighting to make their false allegations stick, but unsurprisingly they refuse to say... the truth is, of course, it has cost many times the amount of money they falsely accuse me of owing them! You can follow the course of their pathetic attempts to keep the truth from the tax-payers here: http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/c ... _bankrupti (yes the link does end with "bankrupti" - it isn't cut short by mistake)

CRIMINAL ACTION
Due to certain evidence revealed as a result of the Court Order of 7th April, the criminal case against the Council has moved forward considerably. For legal reasons I cannot comment much on this, other than to confirm further evidence has been submitted to C.I.D. to be considered by the C.P.S. in bringing one or more criminal prosecutions against one or more officers of Conwy County Borough Council.

PETITION TO CENTRAL GOVERNMENT
Thanks to everyone who has signed the online petition calling for a Public Inquiry into corruption at Conwy County Borough Council. The petition is now inside the top 12% of over 4,700 petitions! Friends and family can all sign, as long as you each have different email addresses - so please spread the word and help get it to the top!.
Click here to sign: http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/colwynpier/
A couple of people have said they have signed, but their name has not appeared: Check your email, the Downing Street site sends you back an email after you sign the petition, and you must visit the link in the email in order to verify you are a "real live person"!. Your name won't appear on the petition until you've done this.

The press and media are being kept informed of events, but now the matter is in the hands of the Police, they are quite restricted on what they can report in criminal matters. I also suspect editors are being 'leaned on' again... So we rely on word-of-mouth to spread news now more than ever.

Watch this space!

Steve
www.victoriapier.com
Regards

Jim Lowe

Website and Forum: http://www.northwestseasidetowns.co.uk
mrjimlowe

Return to Seaside Forum