Fairground Letters Valuation from Morecambe

The Great British Seaside Resort: sun, sand, piers, funfairs and donkey rides. But that is only part of the attraction. If you love being beside the seaside, talk about it here!

Moderator: dave771

Fairground Letters Valuation from Morecambe

Postby itruk » 21 Aug 2013, 21:30

I'm just after some of your knowledge in the valuation regarding some original fairground letter lighting that I have in my possession.

The lighting that I have is from the old Frontierland site in Morecambe. What was once the front arcade called the 'Golden Nugget', I have the word 'Golden' and the symbol of a nugget.
It's all in working order, each letter striped and painstakingly scrubbed to removed all dirt and grime.

All, apart from two, of the lighting cap's covering the bulbs are in place. The bulbs have been replaced and wiring tested with the wire ends been rigged up to a standard plug and then plug into a socket... what a sight B)

The end result is quite a brilliant sight, they've come up quite the treat!

But.. I have no use for them. It's been a pleasure to clean them all up, but I'd love for them to go to a good enthusiast's home.

So if you could help me out with finding out what they're really worth, It'll be greatly appreciated.

I'll get a group photo of them asap (as they're in storage) but heres a stock photo of them where they once lived..

itruk

Return to Seaside Forum