Turner Contemporary is it worth it?

The Great British Seaside Resort: sun, sand, piers, funfairs and donkey rides. But that is only part of the attraction. If you love being beside the seaside, talk about it here!

Moderator: dave771

Turner Contemporary is it worth it?

Postby Zoidstar » 26 Oct 2005, 17:37

So the Turner Contemporary has gone way over predicted budget originally it was proposed to cost £7million it had now grown to a staggering £29 million!

See Here
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/kent/4378278.stm

I'll wait and let you digest that for a sec...

TWENTYNINE MILLION... :shock:

I ask you is it worth this much money, its not a very attractive building and we still do not known how much it will cost to visit if and when its built why not relocate it from the pier/jetty to a part of the Dreamland site this way you can have the arts with the fun personally I dont want to loose part of the view from the sea front this is a project for the great and good of Margate how many of the Chavs of the town the single mother, the pissheads will visit I just think its a complete and waste of money,
Zoid on!
Zoidstar

Re: Turner Contemporary is it worth it?

Postby Bob » 04 Nov 2005, 18:36

Zoidstar wrote:So the Turner Contemporary has gone way over predicted budget originally it was proposed to cost £7million it had now grown to a staggering £29 million!

See Here
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/kent/4378278.stm

I'll wait and let you digest that for a sec...

TWENTYNINE MILLION... :shock:

I ask you is it worth this much money, its not a very attractive building and we still do not known how much it will cost to visit if and when its built why not relocate it from the pier/jetty to a part of the Dreamland site this way you can have the arts with the fun personally I dont want to loose part of the view from the sea front this is a project for the great and good of Margate how many of the Chavs of the town the single mother, the pissheads will visit I just think its a complete and waste of money,

It looks to me as if one of the few parts of Margate with any merit has been ruined by what I would describe as an eyesore. What a waste.
Bob

Return to Seaside Forum