Llandudno

The Great British Seaside Resort: sun, sand, piers, funfairs and donkey rides. But that is only part of the attraction. If you love being beside the seaside, talk about it here!

Moderator: dave771

Llandudno

Postby michael » 23 Jun 2003, 17:38

Does anyone remember a small amusement park on the seafront about 15 - 20 years ago

I visited Llandudno last year and i think the North Wales theatre now stands on the site
michael

Postby Nick » 23 Jun 2003, 21:36

Yes, there was a small park on Llandudno seafront 15-20 years ago. I can't remember what it was called, though.

This from an email I was sent about the park a few years ago:

"It had a large crazy golf with windmills et al, and some incredibly dangerous trampolines some of which were built at ground level, others were about five feet in the air. No mats or protection of any kind, just you and your bravery and some hard concrete. There was a tiny Ferris wheel too. Again the place operated on a raffle system. It was demolished to build some sort of convention centre where the Tories use(d) to hold their annual AGM. The last time I was there, another, clearly more modern one had cropped up nearby, but it's not on the same site."

If anyone can shed any more light on that I too would be interested to find out about it.

Nick
Nick
Site Admin

Return to Seaside Forum