Great Yarmouth

The Great British Seaside Resort: sun, sand, piers, funfairs and donkey rides. But that is only part of the attraction. If you love being beside the seaside, talk about it here!

Moderator: dave771

Great Yarmouth

Postby Gary » 10 Jun 2006, 11:05

Forgive me for linking my own website here but the atmosphere evoked courtesy of Graeme Cassidy's writing and photographs in the article make Great Yarmouth one of those must see places.

Joyland's very own Nick Laister contributed some stunning photos of Joyland's Snails and Tubs..Thanks Nick! (A Virginia Reel of sorts still exists!)

I've never been to Great Yarmouth but it's now another must see destination for me.

The seaside is alive and well!

http://www.themagiceye.co.uk/
Please pass through the turnstiles if you are riding again.
Gary

Postby Graeme » 10 Jun 2006, 13:02

It was a great thrill for me to see how The Magic Eye shaped the article. Plus, I'd like to thank Nick for improving the article tremendously with the Joyland photographs.
Graeme

Postby porterm » 21 Jun 2006, 18:03

Graeme,

I really enjoyed your article on Joyland at Gt Yarmouth. Funnily enough, having been there about three times now, I've never noticed that Tubs ride. (It looks pretty good in the photos though; I'll have to take a trek down there some day soon).

As I've previously said, I loved Blackpool's former treasured Virginia Reel ride which I rode only once sadly in July 1982, its final operational season.

The power of the internet! - ride on

Martin
porterm

Postby Graeme » 16 Jul 2006, 21:04

Thanks very much, Martin. I went to Great Yarmouth the other day. The Roller Coaster was very, very thrilling, and the sand sculptures on the beach were amazing.
Graeme

Return to Seaside Forum