What Books/DVDs do you have?

This is what Joyland Books is all about! What do you recommend? What should be avoided? Is there a title you just can't find? We will do everything we can to help.

Moderator: dave771

What Books/DVDs do you have?

Postby Simon Baynham » 07 Feb 2009, 05:58

Hi there Joyland'ers

Many enthusiasts collect park/coaster books and DVDs. What such items do you have? Anything interesting or rare?

I'm currently looking for the Charles Wicksteed book (with dust-cover), similar to the one listed in Joyland's store. Anyone here got one for sale?

Read you all soon

Simon Baynham
Simon Baynham

Postby Gary » 08 Feb 2009, 15:51

Hi Simon!

I'm currently reading Arthur Hawkey's book on Sir Hiram Maxim - For those not in the know he's that amazing guy who built amongst other things The Flying Machine at Blackpool (105 years old this year and still flying).

I also bought from Joyland Adrian Fisher's Mazes and Labyrinths recently which is a nice little read.

I have RCCGB's White Knuckle video which I still watch and I also refer to the hardback version of A Century of Fun for most things PBB.

Riding on Rainbows was a detailed read and I was made up to see that my website themagiceye was referenced on several occasions so I would have to plug that! :-)

Can't help with the Charles Wicksteed book though. Good luck with finding a copy.

Gary
Please pass through the turnstiles if you are riding again.
Gary

Re: What Books/DVDs do you have?

Postby Gary » 08 Feb 2009, 16:00

Simon Baynham wrote:I'm currently looking for the Charles Wicksteed book (with dust-cover), similar to the one listed in Joyland's store. Anyone here got one for sale?

Not the book you are looking for but this book (see link) has 2008 next to it and is called Memorials of Charles Wicksteed..

https://www.valorebooks.com/AffiliateSearchResults.do_rewrite?siteID=ujMviO&query=1436655404

Gary
Please pass through the turnstiles if you are riding again.
Gary

Re: What Books/DVDs do you have?

Postby Simon Baynham » 09 Feb 2009, 08:50

Gary wrote:
Simon Baynham wrote:I'm currently looking for the Charles Wicksteed book (with dust-cover), similar to the one listed in Joyland's store. Anyone here got one for sale?

Not the book you are looking for but this book (see link) has 2008 next to it and is called Memorials of Charles Wicksteed..

https://www.valorebooks.com/AffiliateSearchResults.do_rewrite?siteID=ujMviO&query=1436655404

Gary

Hi Joyland'ers

Thanks for the link, Gary. I hope the book price comes down soon.

Simon Baynham
Simon Baynham

Postby Simon Baynham » 11 Mar 2009, 01:56

Hi Joylanders

Are there any books with a chapter detailing the history of Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach? Or a DVD perhaps?

Thank you for any recommendations

Simon Baynham
Simon Baynham

Postby albie » 08 Apr 2010, 07:16

HI There,
Currently i am reading Voices In The Dark by Catherine Banner
albie

Return to Books, DVDs, Magazines, CD-ROMs