Brenco fruit machine museum

To celebrate the release of the first ever book on the phenomenon of the seaside amusement arcade - Pennies by the Sea - we have launched this new arcades forum.

Moderator: dave771

Brenco fruit machine museum

Postby PSD » 06 Dec 2010, 04:40

If you love old electro-mechanical fruit machines then come and visit my new site!

http://www.fruitmachinemuseum.co.uk

PSD

Postby Simon Baynham » 06 Dec 2010, 07:22

Hello Joyland'ers

Fascinating website you have there. I love browsing and reading about electromechanical machines of yesteryear.

Tell me, why did the company go out of business in 1980/81?

Simon Baynham (Andy Shine's Glamorous Assistant!)
Simon Baynham

Postby PSD » 07 Dec 2010, 00:47

Well that's a good question, and the short answer is I don't know!
I'll do some more research and when I find out, I'll post another reply. :D
PSD

Postby Chief Engineer » 08 Jun 2011, 21:51

Hi

Its great that someone is making sure that some of the not so quite vintage slots get remembered and certainly for me the Brenco fruit machines are where I first began my trade. I am sure I am not alone amongst the engineers who use to service these machines on having ones fingers bunt on a few occasions, no low voltage electrics in these machines everything was at mains voltage and not overly touch proof. A jammed coin mec was the usual culprit for a quick jolt to the system, just enough room to slid your hand in to remove the clip, but one slip and the coin lockout coil would bite your hand.

Of course the sad fact is that nearly all these machines have been scrapped and I admit to having scrapped quite a few in my years. I used to save a lot of front glasses at one time, sadly in a damp shed, here is one example a little worse for the damp.

Hope we get to see some more examples.

CE
Chief Engineer

Re: Brenco fruit machine museum

Postby printkid » 20 Feb 2016, 18:06

i am allways after any brenco machines
printkid

Return to Pennies by the Sea: Amusement Arcades Forum