Dreamland Christmas 2015

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Dreamland Christmas 2015

Postby EAS » 02 Nov 2015, 11:19

Dreamland Xmas 2015.png
Dreamland Xmas 2015.png (268.73 KiB) Viewed 8923 times

Looks like a huge effort is being made to make Dreamland an all year round attraction.
http://www.dreamland.co.uk/
Attachments
Dreamland Xmas 2015 3.png
Dreamland Xmas 2015 3.png (296.91 KiB) Viewed 8923 times
Dreamland Xmas 2015 2.png
Dreamland Xmas 2015 2.png (306.28 KiB) Viewed 8923 times
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition: Rule 76. Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.
EAS

Re: Dreamland Christmas 2015

Postby kevin » 03 Nov 2015, 19:33

Potentially a very nice idea and I "booked" a couple of tickets last night... I'm not so sure now with the ride prices below:-

Scenic Railway £5 Free for Members

Big Wheel £4 Free for Members

Ghost Train £4 Free for Members

Kiss Me Quick £4 Free for Members

Speedway £4 Free for Members

Caterpillar £3 Free for Members

Gallopers £3 Free for Members

Dodgems £3 Free for Members

Jets £3 Free for Members

Pirate Boats £3 Free for Members

Helter Skelter £3 Free for Members

Born Slippy £3 Free For Members

Twister £3 Free for Members

Monotopia £3 Free for Members

Jumping Star £2 Free for Members

Maze - £2 Free for Members

Kiddies Area £1 per ride. Free for Members

Read more: http://www.thanetgazette.co.uk/Free-ent ... z3qSUDBtjZ
Follow us: @ThanetGazette on Twitter | thanetgroup on Facebook
kevin

Postby dave771 » 05 Nov 2015, 12:11

I would really suggest looking at getting a membership for the park. They are great value and all rides would be free with a membership. If you purchased one now all the rides would be free during decembers event and free entry for all of next season including many other benefits.

Full details at http://www.dreamland.co.uk/membership
Please dont waffle our Walter !
dave771

Postby kevin » 23 Nov 2015, 20:41

Looking at this realistically, is this not just a cynical attempt by the operator to "persuade" customers to chose the season ticket... overprice the rides so that the season ticket seems like good value?
kevin

Postby dave771 » 24 Nov 2015, 01:12

Membership is great value for the customer but no one is forcing anyone to buy anything here. It is the customers choice if they pay per ride or buy a membership. Some visitors have been unhappy with having to pay for entrance this season, so now there is an option to buy a membership for great value annual entrances and offers, enter the park for a look around with no rides, or pay per ride of their choice ? It does seem whatever the operator tries to do at the moment there is a negative response to it. Seems whatever they try to do it will never be good enough. After the years of hard work and campaigning to Save Dreamland can people not just be happy that the place is open again?
Please dont waffle our Walter !
dave771

Postby aweber1us » 25 Nov 2015, 08:25

Well said Dave , Bought joint membership just after the opening of the Scenic. As far as i am concerned with the amount of Scenic rides we had in one day its paid for its self already.
aweber1us

Postby woody » 01 Dec 2015, 18:53

i don't think the rides are overpriced, maybe you need to get out more?
woody

Postby kevin » 17 Dec 2015, 12:05

Gee, thanks for the insult...

Scenic Railway £5? … Rollercoaster, Great Yarmouth, which is twice the ride the Scenic Railway is, in more ways than one, £3
Ghost Train £4?... Great Yarmouth £2
Caterpillar, Gallopers, Dodgems all £3 Great Yarmouth £2

I am sure we could find similar price differentials around the country.

Dreamland are adopting the same marketing techniques as a supermarket selling multipacks of food, make the individual item relatively more expensive per unit than the multipack and the customer will believe they are getting a bargain and buy more of the product than they actually need.

Undoubtedly the season tickets are good value, if you intend to visit over and over again. From the horse’s mouth... Thorpe Park and its sister Merlin parks operate the same "give it away" policy because there is very little profit to be made in park entrance. Sell the customer an unbelievably cheap season ticket and they return again and again and spend money on food, drink and merchandising...that is where the real money is.
kevin

Postby Jim Douglas Jr. » 23 Dec 2015, 00:54

Um, part of the price is that you're supporting the ongoing restoration efforts of attractions, the park grounds, AND the cost of rebuilding the Scenic Railway.
That stuff isn't free.
It's no different than a fundraiser dinner where you expect to pay extra for the service knowing the rest is going to support something you believe in.
You're still getting something, but acknowledge your support of ongoing efforts.

I'm imagining you've never just outright given to a charity without expecting something in return.
Many people do simply because they want to help.
At least here, you're getting some immediate return on your investment.

I'm constantly surprised that people can never see past A and B at the C, D, E, and F that are required to run a business or accomplish a goal.
Kyle & Herbie the Love Bug lll53
Jim Douglas Jr.

Postby Jim Douglas Jr. » 23 Dec 2015, 01:15

Hell, I'm going to buy the pass and I've never even been to the UK.

Maybe it's a foreign (hardee har har!) concept for you, buying (read: giving) something I may get little or no use out of, but it's a perfect way for me to support Dreamland.

If things are really that tight for you, consider that it's your short-sighted thinking that's kept you from getting ahead in life.
Kyle & Herbie the Love Bug lll53
Jim Douglas Jr.

Postby woody » 23 Dec 2015, 10:44

kevin wrote:Gee, thanks for the insult...

Scenic Railway £5? … Rollercoaster, Great Yarmouth, which is twice the ride the Scenic Railway is, in more ways than one, £3
Ghost Train £4?... Great Yarmouth £2
Caterpillar, Gallopers, Dodgems all £3 Great Yarmouth £2

I am sure we could find similar price differentials around the country.

Dreamland are adopting the same marketing techniques as a supermarket selling multipacks of food, make the individual item relatively more expensive per unit than the multipack and the customer will believe they are getting a bargain and buy more of the product than they actually need.

Undoubtedly the season tickets are good value, if you intend to visit over and over again. From the horse’s mouth... Thorpe Park and its sister Merlin parks operate the same "give it away" policy because there is very little profit to be made in park entrance. Sell the customer an unbelievably cheap season ticket and they return again and again and spend money on food, drink and merchandising...that is where the real money is.

the topspin that was in the park is now open on at £6, the coaster £9. as for merlin making most of its money from food and drink utter rubbish, you must of been talking to the other end of the horse :wink: :lol:
woody

Postby Alan » 25 Dec 2015, 01:20

Image.jpg
Image.jpg (25.08 KiB) Viewed 8297 times
Dreamland 20th Dec 2015
Alan

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum