New book - Coasting around the UK: Roller Coasters of the UK

This is what Joyland Books is all about! What do you recommend? What should be avoided? Is there a title you just can't find? We will do everything we can to help.

Moderator: dave771

New book - Coasting around the UK: Roller Coasters of the UK

Postby Pete McFeet » 01 Jun 2016, 21:14

Hi everyone

Just to let you all know I have written a book that has now been officially released worldwide. Published by Schiffer Publishing in the US, "Coasting around the UK: Roller Coasters of the United Kingdom" is a comprehensive look at all the UK parks as they were at the end of the 2015 season, which have at least one "major" coaster. There are 38 parks featured and full profiles on 80 coasters.

Within the 224 pages, there are 397 photos, all which were taken by myself. There are also 6 closed parks featured along with 10 lost coasters including the 4 Man Bob, Alton Beast and Thunder Looper from Alton.

John Wardley was even very kind enough to write a foreword for my book

I wont post any links to external sites, as I am sure that Joyland Books will be stocking it shortly. :)

However, if you do have any questions on this title, please feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer.

Here is a link to the books Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/CoastingaroundtheUK

Pete McFeet

Re: New book - Coasting around the UK: Roller Coasters of th

Postby Nick » 02 Jun 2016, 21:40

Hi, this book will be appearing on Joyland Books any day now so look out for it!
Nick
www.joylandbooks.com
The Home of Amusement Park Books
Nick
Site Admin

Re: New book - Coasting around the UK: Roller Coasters of th

Postby Alisha Barnett » 22 Aug 2016, 08:42

Pete McFeet wrote:Hi everyone
Just to let you all know I have written a book that has now been officially released worldwide. Published by Schiffer Publishing in the US, "Coasting around the UK: Roller Coasters of the United Kingdom" is a comprehensive look at all the UK parks as they were at the end of the 2015 season, which have at least one "major" coaster. There are 38 parks featured and full profiles on 80 coasters.
Within the 224 pages, there are 397 photos, all which were taken by myself. There are also 6 closed parks featured along with 10 lost coasters including the 4 Man Bob, Alton Beast and Thunder Looper from Alton.
John Wardley was even very kind enough to write a foreword for my book
I wont post any links to external sites, as I am sure that Joyland Books will be stocking it shortly. :)
However, if you do have any questions on this title, please feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer.
Here is a link to the books Facebook page

Hi, thanks for interesting stuff.
Those who criticize our generation seem to forget who raised it!
Alisha Barnett

Return to Books, DVDs, Magazines, CD-ROMs