Is It The End for Dreamland. Is the Dream Over?

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Re: Is It The End for Dreamland. Is the Dream Over?

Postby Vince, Charlie and Sam » 13 Aug 2016, 18:00

Yes, but why don't you either say "Yes, it is true, I am Barry Moss, former General Manager of Dreamland" or "No, it is not true, I am not Barry Moss, former General Manager of Dreamland" ?

You've been asked so many times, and every time you blank the question in the hope that it will go away, yet it never does. Your posts would have a lot more credibility if you could just confirm that you are not Barry Moss, former General Manager of Dreamland and Jimmy Godden's right hand man.

What say you Bob?
Vince, Charlie and Sam

Postby aweber1us » 15 Aug 2016, 06:08

For someone that's posts crap all the time Bob has never managed to answer a simple question .The word looser springs to mind
aweber1us

Postby smilerbaker » 16 Aug 2016, 12:03

aweber1us wrote:For someone that's posts crap all the time Bob has never managed to answer a simple question .The word looser springs to mind

how so? he always said it would fail, and it failed, pretty spot on if you ask me.

nice to see the CEO has finally fallen on her sword, I pity the poor company she's off too, her track record kinda speaks for itself
smilerbaker

Postby kevin » 16 Aug 2016, 14:07

smilerbaker wrote:
aweber1us wrote:For someone that's posts crap all the time Bob has never managed to answer a simple question .The word looser springs to mind

how so? he always said it would fail, and it failed, pretty spot on if you ask me.

nice to see the CEO has finally fallen on her sword, I pity the poor company she's off too, her track record kinda speaks for itself

Smiler Baker, I would second that about Bob. What does it matter who he is? He is entitled to his opinion.

As far as Ms. Kemsley is concerned, the words ship, sinking and Titanic come to mind.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-37094701
kevin

Postby porf » 16 Aug 2016, 14:10

I wonder if Eddie's new job at "a London children's visitor attraction" is at Kidzania? There's a link between one of the original Sands Heritage board members and that attraction oddly enough.
Paul Freeman
porf
Site Admin

Postby Vince, Charlie and Sam » 17 Aug 2016, 20:55

kevin wrote:
smilerbaker wrote:
Smiler Baker, I would second that about Bob. What does it matter who he is? He is entitled to his opinion.

Well, it matters because if he is who I say he is, he has a vested interest in Dreamland failing and his posts can be viewed as nothing more than part of an ongoing propaganda campaign. And he does consistently refuse to answer the question asking him if he is who I say he is, (i.e. Barry Moss, former general manager of Dreamland when it was under Jimmy Godden's tenure) which he would surely do if he wasn't. :wink:
Vince, Charlie and Sam

Postby Vince, Charlie and Sam » 19 Aug 2016, 23:32

Nary a word from "Bob" about the above post, even after three days. He always seems to go quiet when I ask him if he is actually Barry Moss, former General Manager of Dreamland. :P
Vince, Charlie and Sam

Postby smilerbaker » 22 Aug 2016, 09:36

well as an ex general manager he would actually know better then just about anyone else what does / doesn't make money, wouldn't you say?

traveling fair type rides, not very many of them, and pay for entry doesn't make money.

As i've said before, I was in the arcade business for quite a while, and you lose count of the amount of times you tell people what does and doesn't work, retro DOESN'T make money! purchase costs are huge, running costs are huge, maintenance costs are huge and revenues are tiny.

I still believe dreamland could be a success, but not with any of the current people involved, it needs experienced operators, decent rides, and ffs dump the way too over the top retro thing (If I hear reimangined one more time I'm going to puke)
smilerbaker

Postby Jim Douglas Jr. » 11 Oct 2016, 18:06

Maybe the council needs to create new management consisting of interested locals, rather than hiring money-bleeding vendors.
Kyle & Herbie the Love Bug lll53
Jim Douglas Jr.

Postby smilerbaker » 12 Oct 2016, 10:46

Jim Douglas Jr. wrote:Maybe the council needs to create new management consisting of interested locals, rather than hiring money-bleeding vendors.

sands is a local company, they also have a hotel in margate (ok, its them but a different holding company)

The last thing dreamland needs is a load of interested locals running the place, it needs professionals running it, people with a proven track record, who know what works and what doesn't, who wouldn't dream of hiring some up his own backside celebrity designer to 're-imagine' a fun fair.

All kinda obvious criteria when you think about it
smilerbaker

Previous

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum