Verdict on rebirth...

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Verdict on rebirth...

Postby ripnet » 03 Jun 2017, 18:04

Finally got to go the the new Dreamland today, and my verdict is that its FANTASTIC...

Finally its like a nice place to go, rather than a slab of concrete with a few travelling rides on it...

The new Scenic was running well, and totally as I remembered (minus the wood preservative smell...)

The stage area, with the grass bit was very nice - sea shanties being sung with an engaged audience. The food in this area was nice and reasonably priced...

Me and my boys had a great time... well done to all involved - you have mega surpassed all my expectations... i suspect we will be getting a season pass soon

thank you
ripnet

Re: Verdict on rebirth...

Postby Busheyfields » 07 Jun 2017, 20:29

Looking the best it has been in years and I first visited in 1958!
Busheyfields

Postby ripnet » 12 Jun 2017, 21:41

wow! thats proper historical... closer to park opening date then now yes?
ripnet

Postby Peet » 11 Jul 2017, 16:30

I visited on Saturday with the RCCGB and the park looks absolutely fabulous, the landscaping and the new trees make is a truly pleasant place to be, and there is still work going on. A fairly substantial looking building is being constructed at the food court (probably a café and toilets), and a lot of work is going on over on the land where the Gorillaz played, including restoration of the large building at the back of the site. The whole place felt positive and vibrant, and the staff were much happier and friendlier than my last couple of visits in 2015 and 2016.
Peet

Postby Jim Douglas Jr. » 18 Jul 2017, 17:24

GREAT to hear work is still being done.
It'll be a few years, but they'll get there.
Kyle & Herbie the Love Bug lll53
Jim Douglas Jr.

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum