Scenic broken down again!

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Scenic broken down again!

Postby Busheyfields » 29 Jul 2017, 16:50

With the Scenic just having had 4 days closed for replacement to one of the lift cables today it broke down with train near the top of the lift hill. Passengers evacuated but my niece and daughter who were on board were very impressed with the efficency of the evacuation by the staff, however still not the news we want to read in the height of the season

Copy of my nieces Facebook post follows:

Kerrie-Ann Williams with Stuart Williams and Paul Weaver.
1 hr ·
Well not the ideal first experience on a ride for Sophie, queue for 45 mins then get stuck at the highest point on the scenic railway in the pouring rain, having to get evacuated off and Sophie sporting a nice foil wrap from the medics! Have to say the crew were amazing in getting us all off. What an afternoon! #dreamland #scenicveryscenic #experience
Busheyfields

Re: Scenic broken down again!

Postby Busheyfields » 30 Jul 2017, 18:29

Pleased to report that today (Sunday) the old girl is back in action. Alas Cyclone Twist and the Brooklands are still out of action.
Busheyfields

Postby Peet » 05 Aug 2017, 06:53

Glad to hear the work didn't take all summer! This is the first time the Scenic is open during the summer holidays for over a decade :-)
Peet

Postby aweber1us » 08 Aug 2017, 10:58

Scenic running lovely on Sunday , whole park looking great . Ive not seen it so busy since Godden got hold of the park and killed it. I think it has to be said that even the front at Margate and the arcades are looking so much better. Big lack of lights on the Arcades but Rome was not built in a day
aweber1us

Postby Busheyfields » 11 Aug 2017, 16:44

Sad to report Scenic out of action today when I was in park around 2.00pm
Busheyfields

Postby Busheyfields » 12 Aug 2017, 16:22

Today(Saturday) Scenic open but only taking 14 passengers per ride instead if the normal 28! WTF is going on, this is peak season and as for the 2nd train I have yet to see that used.
Busheyfields

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum