Doing a good job lads!

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Doing a good job lads!

Postby rlp3 » 04 Aug 2003, 22:13

I'm actually a ride operator at Dreamland Fun Park. I would like to say 'keep up the good work' to David Collard (who has invested a lot of his own money to keep it running), and Happy John aka 'Dingo' who has worked there for many years, and to Simon who drives the train with great enthusiasm, making it even more enjoyable for others. Not once have I seen thier names on this webpage and I though they deserved a mention :lol:

Please support their efforts by riding the Scenic Railway!

All support is welcomed, regardless as to whether you are local to the Scenic Railway.
rlp3

Doing a Good Job Lads

Postby porterm » 05 Aug 2003, 15:28

Hello all,

I'd also like to add my thanks to all the people involved in making the running of the Scenic Railway possible for this vital season. I'm sure most people are very grateful for all their work, but for many reasons have not got round to adding their comments of support on this message board. (They also probably couldn't remember all the names involved with the Scenic's operation).

I'm still bashing away at some hopeful commercial tie-in support for the attraction. I'll keep you posted should I be successful soon.

Well done everyone! (Let's just keep the support going and ride the Scenic whenever possible)

Bye for now,

Martin :)
porterm

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum